De-badging rear, yes or no?

bentonboy

My rear badges on my car have gone somewhat rusted and green and don't look nice. My mate whos a car nut reckons I shuld take them off, give the area some elbow grease and t-cut, and then put a new I B I Z A badge across the middle of the rear like the newish ibizas do.

Im worried though, that there will always be marks where the old badges were and will look low quality and not attractive. Will i be able to remove the old marks or will they always be there?

Thanks

also, if I do decided to do it, any tips on how to remove the old badges safely?

Last edited by a moderator:

bentonboy

We'eve all done it don't worry, I used dental floss and did it on a hot day so was easier to get the glue off.

Thanks for your reply, will give it a go. Could you please tell me how you applied the new I B I Z A badge prefectly straight and at equal distances apart from each letter? Cheeers

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Thanks for your reply, will give it a go. Could you please tell me how you applied the new I B I Z A badge prefectly straight and at equal distances apart from each letter? Cheeers

I would use a tape measure and bits of masking tape. Get the masking tape in the right place, then use that to get the letters in the right place. Then remove the tape!

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
I think the badge comes in a template, so you don`t need to worry about spacing between the letters, just find the right position on the bootlid.

Dec 3, 2009
I left my badges on, I like 'em ! :D
mines the facelift with I B I Z A and FR logo =]
looks hot!

I don't like clean & smooth on them since the boot is too big, works better on VW's imo

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
I left my badges on, I like 'em ! :D
mines the facelift with I B I Z A and FR logo =]
looks hot!

I don't like clean & smooth on them since the boot is too big, works better on VW's imo

I agree, it just looks a little like something is missing when the rear is completely debadged. I tried it before and didn't like it that much :( Dunno if it had anything to do with standard ride height, I may try again one day, my tastes may have changed without me realising lol.

stu 157-330

Aug 6, 2009
West lothian
d-badging

I've thought about de-badging the back of my cupra, the chrome is coming off the letters and every time i take a sponge to it, the sponge gets ripped up a bit more..

a might put vinyl letters on instead.. or leave it blank, not decided yet:p

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Don't forget a nice bit of t-cut/polish to get any remaining annoying glue off. ^_^

[Scrap that, just read the first post again..... still half asleep lol.]

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise