de-cat issue?

Cupra Ken

more boost = more rattles
Sep 7, 2008
st ives, cambs
I am just about to get my turbo re built this week so while the car is off the road i was thinking about having a de cat put in, its already revo satge 1 and only has a supersprint back box, im just worried will i have to get the cat mapped out so it dosn't chuck an engine light up, ps im only having the standard k03 rebuilt starting to smoke on gear change :(

May 25, 2008
cambs
yeah you might need to map out the post cat lambda sensor as it will throw up a fault code quite often

Cupra Ken

Sep 7, 2008
st ives, cambs
Nice one cheers does it make alot of difference i can only imagine it will come on boost alot quicker, was thinking abot revo stage 2 already got a front mount but with haveing to get my turbo re built just a bit strapped this month, just another thing 'sorry' my car chucks blue smoke on gear change and when i let off the throttle i belive its called over-run, but it dosn't smoke on idle even if i rev the engine does this still sound like turbo hopefully get this all soughted cheers all!

Cupra Ken

Sep 7, 2008
st ives, cambs
was thinking a catch tank as well but spoke to cr turbos and while it seems that the turbo is just on its way out it would be cheeper to have an over haul now, gonna do the de-cat as well, spoke to the tt shop where i got my car re-mapped the first time round, got a fmic and everything else needed to go stage 2 just need 4 bar, does it really make the differfence to go stage 2 on a k03 they said you get more mid range power, cheers

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise