• Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

coullstar

Active Member
Oct 12, 2007
74
0
Aberdeen
Just found out the car I bought at the weekend has no CAT and its far too loud. The engine runs ok apart from a slight flat spot. No engine lights and it passed an MOT last week.

I want to refit a standard CAT and change the system but will I need new lamba probes etc as well? Are these connected to the CAT?

Mega pissed of right now as I didnt really want to shell out £600 on a CAT & system at this time of the year.
 
ive seen CATs far cheaper! Speak to powerflow they done my ibiza

£170 for the centre section £140 turbo down and CAT add £50 if you want a new backbox. You can have a silent system to a loud one. Very good service from PH Autos in Taunton very pleased with the work and no bodges!
 
No offence but I think the system thats on it right now is Powerflow and it doesnt seem the best quality. I rather pay for a standard / Piper / Miltek that I know are going to run right.

Will putting the CAT back on reduce the noise significantly?
 
No offence but I think the system thats on it right now is Powerflow and it doesnt seem the best quality. I rather pay for a standard / Piper / Miltek that I know are going to run right.

Will putting the CAT back on reduce the noise significantly?

It should! had mines recatted due to amount of back pressure and a new silencer. The car is quite with a slight brurr from back box.
 
Cheers. The current exhaust has two thin silencers and a 7x5in oval tailpipe. Just ordered a Piper cat back so hopefully that should bring the noise down so it bearable.

Still wanting a CAT back in place though.
 
if you are taking of the whole system how much would you be wanting for it as my mate is looking for something along the lines of what yours selling for his 20vt cupra 180bhp.
 
if you are taking of the whole system how much would you be wanting for it as my mate is looking for something along the lines of what yours selling for his 20vt cupra 180bhp.

Not a clue, probably best to wait till I get it off first. Would he want the decat pipe as well?

Im taking of the BMC filter as well if anyone is interested.
 
Ive ordered a Piper cat back system. Cannot really afford to spend another £3-400+ on a CAT right now hence why I was hpoing for a 2nd hand standard one.
 
Not a clue, probably best to wait till I get it off first. Would he want the decat pipe as well?

Im taking of the BMC filter as well if anyone is interested.

yes he is very interested in the decat pipe
 
Ok cool, I won that CAT this morning so I should get it and the system of within the week. I'll give you a PM with some pics when its off.
In the meantime here are some pics of the system. The last one shows the rear silencer box. The front section after the de-cat has the same size box on it.
leon3.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust.jpg
 
does the decat have anyway of being taken out come MOT day or am i goin to have to get very friendly with the MOT tester next door?:blink::redface:
 
The decat sits between the downpipe and system. Its bolted at either end. The car went through its MOT with it fitted two weeks ago. I dont think newer cars have to have a CAT by law its just that most wont pass the emissions test without one.
 
Why you taking off the bmc filter, i could be tempted to take it off your hands if its in good condition.
 
Not my cup of tea. I prefer standard or very subtle mods hence why I have gone back to the standard airbox.
Must admit it does sounds good with it on. Im advertising it in a few places but the first £75 gets it.
 
i only ask cos my MOT tester said that if it wont pass the emissions then he will run a normal standard car for the emissions part.
not that i would no anything bout that:whistle: