Dealer awkward about SKC number...

matt-doyle

i think my cpu is too fast for the program. If i run loads of programs in the background it does the seed-key thing pretty much every time. I've made a batch file to make the cpu usage go up to 100% so i'll try this later. I'm using the connect ecu button yes. If i click connect to any ecu it says this:

1M0920922D KOMBI+WEGFAHRSP VDO V02
VSSZZZ1MZ******** SEZ7Z0A1373015 (without the asterisks)

I don't know how to find out if it is a 4 digit SKC or not. do you?

Thanks

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
don't think its the cpu thing being to fast tbh....

to find out if 4 digit or 7 digit....whens ur car registered ??? late 02? or early 02????

Also log in to VAG.com and find out the immob ID......you can tell by that....it tells you on vag.com web pages about the difference on 4 digit and 7 digit....and how to tell!

matt-doyle

immobiliser ID = SEZ7Z0A1373015
which according to http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/Immo3-cluster-swapping.html means i've got Immo3. Looks like i've got a 7 digit SKC then!

So.. i've got a USB login code reader for sale if anyone's interested.

for info:

VW and Audi are providing 7-digit Secret Key Codes in place of the earlier 4-digit SKC's. Keys must be coded using the new 7-digit SKC (secret key code) method unless the owner still has the correct 4-digit code.

Immo-3 knows your car's VIN. Access 17-Instruments (or separate 25-Immobilizer on vehicles that are set up that way) and look at the first "Extra" field.

If you see something like: "Immo-ID VWZ7Z0W0648696" You've got Immo-2 (or maybe even Immo-1 in earlier non-US models).

If you see something like "WVZKB58001H231169 VWZ7Z0W0648696" You've got Immo-3. <----------- I had this, check post #61
The first 17-digit string is the VIN. The second 14-digit string in the Immo-ID.

Thanks very much for your help btw. really appreciate it. i'm still new when it comes to seats and vag stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Funkyfin2000

Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
yeah no worries mate, im disapointed its not worked for you

happy to help, i took a lot of time and effort to sort it out for myself as no one else had ever tried it......

im sure there must be a way of sorting it for you...

there is no other USB software unfortuantly to use to try and get the code...

matt-doyle

I think i'll just try and get the SKC off the dealer and code the key myself. Thing is though, the key i bought, i'm not sure it'll work with immo3. so i'll have a leon 2000 - 2002 non remote uncut key for sale and the usb login code reader. I just need to be able to post in the for sale section now. I've not got enough posts.

gtd86

Doctor of driving
Sep 9, 2006
www.batit.com
i've got a 53 plate car so it should be a 7 digit one, but i asked my dealer for it and they came back with a 4 digit one...

matt-doyle

Surely they have to, but they can charge for it i suppose. I've sent them an email... I'll let you know what they say.

matt-doyle

Got the code for free off the dealer. They gave me a 4 digit one and it works with vag-com. I just need somewhere who can cut the key now. Apparently everywhere including timsons in town doesn't have the machine to cut 3mm or something.

Funkyfin2000

Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
pretty good....

was that the dealer u got the car from? or where it was originally purchased? no questions asked? just went in and job done in 5 mins? or had to be booked in?

matt-doyle

no it was just a local deat dealer. I just asked for the code and they gave it to me. Didn't have to be booked in, they just got the codes off the internet. Another bonus is I got my key cut for free too :)

So from not knowing my immobiliser codes to having a spare key cost me £10. So i'm pretty happy with that!!!

corradophil

Sep 14, 2004
Essex
Interesting reading, I've just bought a Mk4 Golf GTI 1.8t which came with only one key. I bought a new one off ebay, which matches up exactly to the original.

So far I have had the blade cut, and programmed the remote using a mates vag-com. The VW dealer told me the key would not accept the immobiliser code.

The car was a grey import from Sweden, it is all UK spec, just supplied by a Swedish dealer. Is this likely to affect their ability to program the transponder?

I'd really like to get hold of the SKC, so I'll try the dealer on Monday, otherwise I'm a bit stuck really, can anyone offer any help or does anyone in the Essex area have the correct lead to read the SKC?

Any help would be really appreciated.

I think my final chance is to purchase a new lower key part from VW and have that coded, but I rather not spend the cash if I don't have to.

corradophil

Sep 14, 2004
Essex
I think it was originally 4 digit.

If only you lived nearer! Thanks for the offer though.

I'm going to have a chat to the dealer tomorrow about them supplying the transponder part of the key and programming that.

nibb

Interesting reading, I've just bought a Mk4 Golf GTI 1.8t which came with only one key. I bought a new one off ebay, which matches up exactly to the original.

So far I have had the blade cut, and programmed the remote using a mates vag-com. The VW dealer told me the key would not accept the immobiliser code.

The car was a grey import from Sweden, it is all UK spec, just supplied by a Swedish dealer. Is this likely to affect their ability to program the transponder?

I'd really like to get hold of the SKC, so I'll try the dealer on Monday, otherwise I'm a bit stuck really, can anyone offer any help or does anyone in the Essex area have the correct lead to read the SKC?

Any help would be really appreciated.

I think my final chance is to purchase a new lower key part from VW and have that coded, but I rather not spend the cash if I don't have to.

Hi guys,

I have exactly the same problem as above with a Dutch imported MK4 Golf.

Stealer told me today that they cannot program the transponder, is there any way around this other than buying a new key?

The quoted me £140 for just the front transponder part. but thats the same price as for a full key?

Thanks for any advice before I put the key on ebay?.

N

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.