Dealer awkward about SKC number...

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
...Stealer told me today that they cannot program the transponder, is there any way around this other than buying a new key?

If they can't (as opposed to won't even try) then buying a new key from them won't solve the problem anyway ...

The dealer will order in a new key (most likely charging you for it) and then won't be able to code it to your car anyway ... if what they say is true.

I'd go back armed with this info and ask them what they propose to do about it if you agree to buy a new key off them. If they say that they'll code the new to your car when it gets here, either argue it out with them there and then, or visit another dealer who is more forthcoming.

nibb

Isnt it dependant on the type of immobilisor you have?

I thought imm2 could have the transponder reprogrammed but if its imm3 then if the transponder had been reprogrammed (its likely as its off ebay) then it cant?

Unfortunately I cannot find my plastic key, which may shed some light on this.

corradophil

Sep 14, 2004
Essex
VW have the lower key part on order for me, and they are going to program the immobiliser.

They have assured me it doesn't matter where the car came from, so hopefully it will work.

nibb

Yeah I have since spoken to them and they will now program a new immobiliser part (£52+vat and 1/2 hour labour)![:@]

jonmk2

Mar 22, 2006
Hi, does anyone know if this will work with a 1999 mk2 ibiza, as I have had a mess on in the past trying to get a SKC off the dealer, and gave up in the end. I have full vagcom, and a key ready to be coded. Anyone near middlesbrough ? Cheers, Jon

b21playa

oil burner
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham
ohw yeah b21 whats that then/

similar to vag tacho but it reads immo3 skc's

its got mine out but i cant check if its correct untill i get some transponders and program a new one.

was hoping to find someone in birmingham to try it on who had their skc to verfy but got no replies

HarveyGTI

dam read the whole thread hoping the guy would post back after saying he didnt like you but he didnt

wat a complete ****!

b21playa

oil burner
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham
bwahaha dissapointing..

actually what version of vagtacho are you running?

sorry forgot to name the softwar, it was VAG LOGIN, but the cloned works with the very old version, have spoken to the manufacturer and there is a new one available that deals with newer cars for abou £300

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise