Dealer awkward about SKC number...

b21playa

oil burner
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham
thats what i got

managed to get vag login working with the clone cable but when using vag-com, when i login in it drops the session, so dnt know for 100% if my skc is right

SirSuraj

Feb 25, 2008
Middlesex
Am watching this thread with a beady eye.

Got a 03 Leon Cupra, and from the vagcom readings it looks like an immo3. Was about to give up (after purchasing key from ebay and getting it cut). I need to extract the SKC too, but earlier threads said VagTacho and such tools wouldnt work.

Is there still hope??

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
A year and 3 months ;)
Just searched myself as like been said in this thread the car/ecu/immobiliser are yours so why they wont give the skc code i have no idea, i have a flip key with a new transponder in it that i'd like working too.

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
Should they give me the SKC as it's mine really (isn't it) for the car? mines a 2001 so a 4 digit one i think?

The techs can't see the SKC any longer. The diagnostic tool connects to the factory to get the SKC while it is connected to the car. The tool then enters the SKC without any action by the Tech. No, they can't give it to you even though I agree with you that the information should be given to the owner of the car.

This is the same situation on our side of the pond with all VAG cars. VW is not the only OEM going this way.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
i Just rang my dealer and they gave me a 4 digit SKC no questions asked, however i am wondering how accurate the number is as the car is a late MY05 LCR.

Also i still am perplexed as to how u figure out if it is a Immo2 or immo3 from the id.

any help would be appreciated? my id reads SEZ7Z0E2995490

Last edited:

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Thanks, so from reading the Website i have a Immo-3, i wonder why the dealer gave me a 4 digit SKU then(it was probably the radio code, LOL)

Anyway i have a new transponder/blade waiting back in Ireland for me i will try to program it when i get back with the SKU the dealer gave me, i guess i will soon see if it works or not.!

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts
One work around which may be possible - if you know which dealer originally sold the car new they do sometimes keep track of teh four digit code - so if you are nice to them they may tell you it!

rudgey

Mk2 Leon TFSI Sport '06
Jul 2, 2008
near Midland VW ;)
Anyone know if theres anyway apart from giving money to the stealers to get a new key matched to an immo-4 car? I'm guessing my car does have immo 4 after reading the ross tech site- it's an 06 plate leon mk2! Also I don't currently know my SKC!

Oh and allo fin! I'm only down the road in cannock mate!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members