Decat on standard exhaust

Twiggy86

New Here, Old There
Mar 2, 2010
Stockport
Has anyone replaced the Cat on their LC Mk1 to keep the standard exhaust, if so what does it sound like?

Also where can i "consider" getting a replica exhaust to the one i have from a aftermarket source like Miltec etc etc

Thanks

hey mate,

this isnt really a direct answer to your question, but i discovered recently i have a milltek cat back system on my LCR, and decided to remove the resonated (first silencer box) section, made a big difference to the sound, i know there is someone on here that has removed their resonated mid bit from an otherwise standard system and reckon it sounds sweet.

so if its just a more sporty note you are looking for you could try that first, but it does nout for performance, defo decat for that, there are decat pipes around that will fit straight on, but no idea what it would sound like, (so let us know!)

also just a heads up make sure you have replacement nuts and bolts for the joins each end of the cat, they may sheer off or even need grinded off, they are either 8 or 10 mil (10 i think)

S17EW O

ive got a dcat on my standard exhaust, have just ordered a full blueflame system so it will be up for sale soon! :) makes a big difference :)

Twiggy86

New Here, Old There
Mar 2, 2010
Stockport
How much are you looking for it? If you don't wanna say just PM please fella so i have an idea?? Also how much and what tip BlueFlame did you get? Just thinking int he long run i might order a full system, just wanna keep the same style tip though as the standard exhaust.

Cheers

Last edited:

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Does my old cat just bolt off then i take it? Also where are you based?

You'll have to do some soundclips or come down to Macc if/when you get it de-catted. I'm going to be fitting my Blueflame Catback tomorrow (thought i'd take the oppurtunity while they're on discount, since corrosion on my standard backbox was an advisory on the last MOT)

Will be getting myself a DP+Decat/sportscat when money permits!

swoosh225

Swoosh
Sep 17, 2007
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
About 2 years ago i fitted a decat pipe on my LCR standard system.It did make it sound a bit louder and throutier.Removed though fed up of EML light on , have since found SCN and fitted a full system with decat and lambda spacer and it sounds awsesome i must say :D

Twiggy86

New Here, Old There
Mar 2, 2010
Stockport
Jonsey, when did you do your airbox? Also does it make a big difference? Just i fitted the GC filter and seems to make it respond abit sooner and set off a TINY bit quicker but no sound difference at all :( Will i need to Drill the box or just smooth it out?

I will give you a PM when i buy the DECAT just i have ab busy month next month :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise