Decat or sports cat?

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
i had a fiesta st, i was running 185 bhp. i had a decat on that. i got pulled over by the police and they didnt check, infact they told me my car looked nice :). that car was seriously loud, straight through system decat and stainless steel mani. dam i loved that car

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
Doubt it greatly plus they wont beable to see under mine to have a look :lol:

ha ha, same here, So, they going to have to jack mine up to see that i havent got one.

And like everyone says its cheaper, alot.

Iv also heard something about the 1.8 20vt engine being ok come MOT time, even with a DECAT.

andycal

If anyone wants to buy a lambda spacer i have a couple coming from america. 1 straight one (£7 delivered) & 1 'L' shaped one (£20 delivered)...i ordered these one sun/mon so will be here soon.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Mr Dave was telling me about somebody he knew getting done for having a de-cat the other day. I don't really know the details but itt is a risk.

Bit risky, but that's something anyone who buys a decat will always have to remember..

Pretty sure I'll be getting a sports cat. Unless I get a contact who is willing to pass the car with a decat fitted.

s700 mcv

Jun 28, 2010
Wishaw
I have the blueflame 100cell sports cat fitted works a treat with the system would changing to decat be more benefital in gains im looking to take the car off the road to fit and oil catch tank fmic and then a stage 2 map. Is there really a worth while difference apart from the noise and the popping in getting a decat power wise.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I have the blueflame 100cell sports cat fitted works a treat with the system would changing to decat be more benefital in gains im looking to take the car off the road to fit and oil catch tank fmic and then a stage 2 map. Is there really a worth while difference apart from the noise and the popping in getting a decat power wise.

Not much gain in a de-cat if any over a decent sports cat.

JamJay

California Bound
You won't get any more popping with a decat either, a sports-cat is free flowing enough. It's the contruction of the silencer(s) in the Cat-back that's stopping the pops and flames, you need to lose the middle silencer and get a free flowing custom rear silencer.

Dabbalz

Sep 7, 2010
West Yorkshire
I could be wrong but wont messing with the Lambda sensor mean the car will run rich? This is what happened to a mates 2.2 Astra SRI.
Obviously you could kill ya engine if this were the case but i'm unsure.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I could be wrong but wont messing with the Lambda sensor mean the car will run rich? This is what happened to a mates 2.2 Astra SRI.
Obviously you could kill ya engine if this were the case but i'm unsure.

Yes it will run rich :yes:

I've only just got rid of my lambda fault on my LCR.. the car felt a bit lumpy and not as smooth as it usually is under boost. Sure thing my pre-cat Lambda sensor was faulty. Just had it replaced by AmD and now all is fine. Car runs sweet ;)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
If you have an 02 spacer for the lambda sensor in the system you should be ok. I was going to buy an 02 spacer from awesome gti to fix my lambda code. But on closer inspection, the lambda itself was dead and needed replacing. It's fine now and I have no codes or no 02 spacer on a full milltek turbo back system (sports cat not decat).

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.