Deleted enginge code but light still on, now car not running right!

scoobykiller

hi peeps im new to the vag world and i already need help :( i have a leon mk1 20v turbo with revo stage 2.. when i first bought the car last week it ran like dream pulled hard.. when i bought it there was 2 lights on the dash, abs & the one underneath that light? i was told its got a faulty abs sensor an the other light is on as its de-cat! my friend hooked it up to diagnostics and got 1 code back which was 02 sensor so he deleted code but ever since he done that the light still on as its still de-cat dunno why he done it but yeah, since then it doesn't run right doesn't feel like it boost's in the right place, sometimes back fires an holds back! my question is what can i do before seat get my money? i was thinking reset ECU?

any reply will be much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
You need it scanning with vagcom, pull the fault code and go from there. If its stage two with decat the sensor should of been mapped out.

I'd say there's a problem else where

scoobykiller

i already got that cable with my diagnostic kit, guessing i install disc an plug in my car an lappy :) im abit of a noob when it comes to stuff like this iv always been into older car like 205's, nova,s ect.. never have these problems :)

scoobykiller

im really confused on what to do, iv done the diagnostic test for codes but im not getting no codes back but iv still got 2 lights on... what am i ment to do :banghead2

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
A normal scan should pull up the codes, it's been a long time since I used the tool so can't remember the names of the menus you need to navigate through but isn't there some scan for fault codes option? If you have lights on it ought to output the codes to the screen.

Do you have a legit cable and software?

scoobykiller

i was getting a code for bank 1 02 sensor but like i said it was erased by me mate so don't know the exact code but it think it was P0130.. the light still on as its still de-cat im guessing.. im really confused! iv got a AUTEL MaxiScan MS509 if this information helps as i have no idea :(

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Removing the light obviously won't remove the issue, so when the problem re-occurs the light will come back on and the fault code will be generated again.

The software of choice is VCDS and requires the legit cable to work properly without issues, cheap ebay cables can be had but with no guarantee on success, only trouble is the proper stuff is a good couple of hundred quid.

scoobykiller

just fired her up why i live recorded on my diagnostics and left it idling for a couple mins an it was up and down like it was gunna stall.. idle was fine earlier strange :( im gunna take it to a garage seems to be my only option as im stumped at wtf to do with this contraption an i need me motor for work :cry:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
My guess would be some faulty sensor, possibly the O2 you mentioned in the first post but you really need to get the codes logged and go from there.

EDIT - I bought one of those ELM adaptors which connects to the OBD port in the car then connects via Bluetooth to my phone, easily scans for fault codes and can log a whole host of stuff using the Torque app on the phone.

Think it cost me about £10-15 from memory.

Last edited:

scoobykiller

;)my mates breaking a cupra r, guessing the lamba sensors are the same? thanks for replying

scoobykiller

ah sweet well il try his tomorrow see what happens.. il report back :smoke:

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hi buddy, like said above if you've got an android phone then all you need to read the engine codes is this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V1-5-ELM3...iagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item53fc787f0b and the Torque app on your phone, job done for less than £12. If you want to read the codes on other modules in the car, ( brakes, climate control, central locking etc etc) then you will need VCDS which is a couple of hundred quid for the genuine one! Torque app can read and reset all the engine codes plus you can read the data from it as you are driving and display it on gauges or graphs of your choice. If you've got an Iphone, then thats your fault for having an iphone, lol

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.