Dension Ice Link connection troubles

Katangaleon

Dec 9, 2008
Leeds/Bradford..In a Hoose!
:confused:

Good Afternoon,

Can anyone assist, I just purchased a Dension Ice Link, took me over 3 hours to RIP the Factory HU out of a Seat Leon 55 Plate I have read the install guide a million times but cant figure out where I connect the three cables to the HU power harnes with the cable splices supplied:

can any one help!!??:confused:

install guide advises to join the ICE Link FM power harness leads to the Radio Harness leads??

my issues i dont know which cables to connect the Black, Red and purple too from the ICE Link in fear I may blow up my speaker and radio system ....any help or pics or guides will be greatfully appreciated and a couple of pints owing on me!!

Hope I make sense?

Xe

Does your icelink plug look like this?

iceLink.jpg

This is the thread about the icelink plus unit I used for my iPod

Might be of some help to you. Not sure if you have bought something different.

Katangaleon

Dec 9, 2008
Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

No the plug has three wires that have no blocks or connectors on 1 end and a black connector block that fits the ICE link...Forget tomention the ICE link is the FM version if that helps..?

I know what i have to do ...kinda?...just not sure which wires i would connect the above mentioned to the car cables that fit the radio?:confused::confused:

as before appreciate your support dude!!

Xe

I thought the whole point of the FM type products is that you don't have to take out the head unit and connect any wires. You just tune your radio into the frequency that the FM product is emitting.

Is that not what your does?

Katangaleon

Dec 9, 2008
Hi ,

sorry for the delay busy day !!

the install guid states the following:

Join the power Harness leads to the radio Harness with the included cable splice.

Black=Ground
Red=Constant +12v(Battery)
Purple=Switched+12v(ACC)

I will try posting some images of the harness and components might shed more light on my requirements.

Thanks

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members