Dension Ice Link fitting

Nope, on my changer (dated 2002) there is only one plug - black, rectangular that is at one end of a loom which terminates at a pale blue square-ish plug at the other; this blue plug was the only connection to the terminals on the back of the Aura HU (other than speaker / power feed plugs). The yellow plug looks similar to an audio / aerial connection (sorry, sounding dim here). :confused:

I'll go take some pics and post them up. :)

Pics...

Here's the little bu&&er:
502341929_59e6325e7a_m.jpg

Clicky for bigger pic.

No connections that I could find to match here:
502341925_ee978bd185_m.jpg

Clicky for bigger pic.

Finished job looks ok (sorry about blurred pic), however, I'm not too happy of the looks of the Nano in the cradle... Looks lost and out of place. Need to think about this. :think:
502341931_5e02c52d75.jpg

Cupra_J_RS

Yellow Perril Cupra
May 14, 2007
Solihull, Birmingham
Hi Sooty,

did you ever find out what the yellow connector was for?

I fitted a Dension dock connector to my Ibiza Cupra last weekend, and had the same thoughts. I just left it un-connected.

Not too impressed with the Dension connector! I experience the negative points already desribed on SCN. i.e. when skiping to next track, it skips to every other track.

Not really sure what to do about it. It seems a intermittent fault.

James

Sorry James, never did find what is was for, so just wrapped it up in insulating tape and left it... However, noticed at the stealers today that SEAT are now selling the Dension Ice Link for plugging directly into the loom - and it looks nowt like the one I've got! And it doesn't have the yellow plug...

Not had any problems with skipping tracks, but accessing all the playlists is a pain... Plus sometimes the Nano can be controlled directly from it's control pad - and other times it can only be controlled from the HU...

Ray.

Cupra_J_RS

Yellow Perril Cupra
May 14, 2007
Solihull, Birmingham
Not sure why my dension skips tracks!
I only purchased it last week so it should be the latest model etc.

Yeh i did notice that the Nano can be controlled via the Nano itself, and then other times when i want to skip playlists via the Nano it don't let me!

I can't work it out! It also says in the instructions that to access the playlists on the Nano you use buttons 1-5 on the HU, and button 6 to access all the playlists there after. But i dont seem to be able to access those playlists other than the first 5 on my ipod.

For the cost of the kit, i feel it should be of better use quality.

Thanks for you help anyhow.

James

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
My Icelink Plus will only work if I change tracks on my iPod, which is **** because I bought it to hide my iPod away and change tracks on the headunit. It also loves to crash my iPod, so every few tracks the iPod has to be reset.

I've tried Dension support and they are completely useless, so I feel I may just live with it.

If you haven't bought one yet, please don't.

Oh yeah, my yellow plug is also unplugged!

Cupra_J_RS

Yellow Perril Cupra
May 14, 2007
Solihull, Birmingham
"If you haven't bought one yet, please don't."

Unfortunately i have to agree with this statement. I have just sent Dension an email, hopefully they will be helpful with their response so my opinion may change.

Just a quick point...when i first connected my Dension kit up, i was impatient so i connected the black earth wire to a bolt/screw (it was a quick bodge of a job) - and im sure the earth fault impedence would have been very poor. I experienced problems with my ipod functioning, so i reinstalled it all.

2nd time round, with much better earthing (earth wire is now wrapped around a bolt in the glovebox - as described in another thread on SCN), my ipod works much better, but still havent solved the problems of skipping tracks.

Interestingly, i was able to control the ipod by using the ipod itself when i had the poor earth, now its connected to earth correctly, it can only be controlled via the HU. It may just me a coincidence (which is more than likely), but worth noting.

Let me know if you get anywhere with Dension/or fix the problems.

In the mean time, i recommened a good radio station :(

J

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Interesting point on the earth wire, I didn't think to check that!

I will look at that in the morning when noone's at work!

...It also says in the instructions...
James

:( Didn't even get any instructions with mine... Worked out how to work it by guessing.

Earthing is a good point; I used a multi-meter to find a really good earthing point, then crimped on an earth tab and bolted it good and tight with a spring washer for good measure.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise