Diane shop HID's

johntheboy

Mar 25, 2006
Teesside - North East
Just on the lookout for some at the moment and cant seem to find a good link to some. The only ones I could see seemed to be specifically for the TT. Anyone any ideas on a direct link to a set by any chance thats got a fair bit of time on it before the ad ends?

Also price wise how much do they tend to go for on Diane? I assume it's an american based shop so how much do the postage costs seem to be?

Looked at Hids4u but they seem to be a bit more expensive.

Plus do people tend to remove the light covers from the hear of the healight units all together or drill through the existing ones? Just obviously with moisture possibly getting in.

Cheers!

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Any H7R or H7 will do.
Yeah drill the rear cover, and if you get bad radio reception get a relay loom (doddle to fit plug and play search my threads)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
You get a ringed neg and positive to attach to the battery, and two spade connectors to get the feed of the standard headlight connector.
Then the two other connectors attach to the feed for the ballasts, so you draw the voltage from the battery and not the standard car loom.

nutter_engineer

Feb 16, 2007
I've bought two sets from here:

http://www.vvme.com/

No problems with them at all. They come to about £38 delivered for the standard ballasts. Very quick delivery aswell - DHL from China which takes around 3-4days. Dont let the fact it comes from China put you off. Its a very high quality kit and you'll find most HID kits come from there anyway. You can have a search about them on google as there's been other users in other forums who have bought from them and been very happy.

johntheboy

Mar 25, 2006
Teesside - North East
I've bought two sets from here:

http://www.vvme.com/

No problems with them at all. They come to about £38 delivered for the standard ballasts. Very quick delivery aswell - DHL from China which takes around 3-4days. Dont let the fact it comes from China put you off. Its a very high quality kit and you'll find most HID kits come from there anyway. You can have a search about them on google as there's been other users in other forums who have bought from them and been very happy.

Thats a decent price.... Any pics Nutter?

slee86

So do the bulbs fit striaght into the headlight, i know the cover has to be drilled just last car I fitted them to was a bmw e46 and had to buy seperate bulb holders

cheers si

slee86

Cheers for that, wheres the best to get them from been looking on ebay prices seem to vary so much

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Your choice 4300k is very white 6k is slightly blue 8k is a lot bluer.

I'm just looking to replace mine and I'm going for 4300k.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.