Did i buy a dodgy Cupra?

SEATFRCUPRAMN

Hello everyone. Just bought my 57 plate cupra with 5k miles from a SEAT dealer as some of you may already know. However looking over the service history there only appears to be one history done...the day before i bought the car. The dealer said it already had a 1 year service and lead me to believe that he had "thrown" another service in for free so to speak. Also when i bought the car it had eagle f1 tyres on...which are not the standard tyres. Why were the tyres changed when the car only had 5k miles on it?. Should i be worried?

Would be gratefull if people can contribute their thoughts on this

Thanks

MUFFIN

ready 2 return ;o)
Dec 3, 2006
North of Penzance
Hello everyone. Just bought my 57 plate cupra with 5k miles from a SEAT dealer as some of you may already know. However looking over the service history there only appears to be one history done...the day before i bought the car. The dealer said it already had a 1 year service and lead me to believe that he had "thrown" another service in for free so to speak. Also when i bought the car it had eagle f1 tyres on...which are not the standard tyres. Why were the tyres changed when the car only had 5k miles on it?. Should i be worried?

Would be gratefull if people can contribute their thoughts on this

Thanks

My opinion

You didn't buy a dodgy Cupra.
Why would you expect the car to have more than one service stamp at 5k
Previous owner probably preferred F1 Eagles because everyone's ravin about 'em.

chill man and enjoy the car..

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Standard Pirellis have no rim protectors. Goodyears do. If they said they did a service, get them to stamp the book.

If you bought it as an approved used SEAT from an approved SEAT stealer, you should have no problems in theory.

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
I agree with DJHORACE, the F1 Eagles are superior to the Pirellis in terms of grip and that vital rim protector to save your alloys from the kerbs...
am just a bit surprised they were replaced at 5k, I would expect 8-10k out of a set of Pzero's at least...previous owner must have maybe had them inflated incorrectly :confused: ... or really been a bit of an animal :D

Al

Aug 29, 2005
The original owner maybe took them off when new, put them on ebay and bought Eagles.

Bikers often ask for OEM tyres to be taken off a new motorbike to have their preference added instead. Why not on a car too?

Either that or martians maybe zapped the Pirellis, or perhaps the original tyres were slashed, written off courtesy of a pothole/nail or original wheels knicked from the car.

There could be any number of reasons.

Poverty

pirellis are **** tires. Want eagles on mine asap. Had them on the ibiza which made a massive difference.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
mine wheel span in 1st 2nd and 3rd gears on pirelli,s put some sticky boots on now only 1st and 2nd :whistle:

seriosly if you have just bought a cupra and are worried cause it came with better different tyres then i think you need to take them off give them to me and i will give you in return a crappy set of pirelli in return.

just go play and enjoy the car.

hammie2k

Mar 4, 2009
Must have changed the standard tyres then on the 09 K1's as mine has a full set of Potenza's on :)

I have a feeling they wont last more than 10k as well

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members