Diesel from a drum.....?

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
still harder to start but am getting a funny nose from the fuel filter ??
seems as though that plastic thing on top , if i hold/pull the fuel lines a little the noise was going quiter or stopping , once the car has warmed up the noise stopped

totally baffling me now

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
im thinking it could be that valve type thing ontop of the fuel filter , tps said they were quite comon bout 17 quid to change

the other thing , checking vag com to see my injectors cilinders 1 & 4 ran negative figures and 2& 3 ran positive anyone know off hand wernt sure what to search for in vag com section

cheers

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
not 100 % starting to get a little odd the 1st start up , irratic idle lumpy and makes a pidgeon noise for a few mins , then fine, runs great (odd hestitation now and then ) but when hot the car wont restart straight away needs to cool down as such , unless you hold the key in the start position for a bit to crank it over ??

am going to buy that valve t peice thingy today that sits on fuel filter

can see if thats one less box ticked

mark i will fetch my old mans laptop up for vag com see if his stil works - if your still going
il txt you in a bit

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
yes , plus my little son loves the car , hes only 2 and can spot it in a carpark full of other cars lol,,,

ok changed that valve thingy on the fuel filter , has aided starting better from the first start of the day to almost smooth starting *

still wont turn over when hot , got into work this morning shut off then tried restarting and samething cut out / shut off , its like as if no fuel is being delivered as when i use throttle its nothing there

where as if it was sure it would sound different as if your flodding it , unless this only appiles to petrols

i wanna take my batery terminal off to wipe down the ecu adaptations , but previous owner has cut the radio code card out !!

can i retrieve this from vag com myself

and what terminal would you disconnect , negative ??

cheers

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
yes , plus my little son loves the car , hes only 2 and can spot it in a carpark full of other cars lol,,,

ok changed that valve thingy on the fuel filter , has aided starting better from the first start of the day to almost smooth starting *

still wont turn over when hot , got into work this morning shut off then tried restarting and samething cut out / shut off , its like as if no fuel is being delivered as when i use throttle its nothing there

where as if it was sure it would sound different as if your flodding it , unless this only appiles to petrols

i wanna take my batery terminal off to wipe down the ecu adaptations , but previous owner has cut the radio code card out !!

can i retrieve this from vag com myself

and what terminal would you disconnect , negative ??

cheers

Why not just pull the ECU fuse for half an hour :)

peteTDI

have you tryed live readings on engine temps (coolant not fuel) as faulty sencors giving -40 or +200 give bad hot/cold starting, also try unpluging the maf to see if she will rev over 4k as you may know maf go faulty and don't show fault codes