Diesel leaking from bleed off tubes

mydave2003

Dec 10, 2015
Hi There, I wonder if any of you could give some advice please?. I have a Seat Alhambra 1.9TDI - AHU engine (199,000 miles), and just recently it has started weeping very slightly from the bleed off tubes around the injectors.
I've fitted new tube(Twice now), had cable ties on to see if this helps, and now spring clips , but still sometimes has a strong smell of fresh diesel when I stop or slow down.
Seems to be around the right hand injector more than the others now, but this is where the pipes feed back to the pump, and then the tank.
I've checked for blockages on the return pipe, and the fuel gurgles back to the tank if I remove the hose.
I don't have any trouble starting, or driving, just the smell of diesel if it leaks - it is just enough to 'wet' the fabric webbing outer of the rubber tube.
Any ideas of why this might be happening, and any suggestions to try? I was thinking of checking the amount that bleeds off - I have seen numerous YouTube videos of the bleed off bottle test, and comparing amounts per injector - is this a place to start?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Dave

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.