• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

Bunglebonce

Bunglebonce
Jan 21, 2005
247
0
The Blackcountry
Hi all, long time no post ;)

Had a search but to no avail so thought I'd ask if anyone has any idea as to why since my last fill up, is there a strong smell of derv coming from the boot.

My coat even stank of it when I took it out the other day so it must have got in somwhere :confused:

Brimmed it as normal in case anyone asks but I suppose you could say I may have squoze a touch more in than I normally would, but only a drop.


Anyone...???
 
Well, my first guess would be a leak :)

Lift the rear seat bench up, lift the thin excuse for carpet up, and see if there's any leaking round there, as that's where the cabling for the tank level sensor goes. There's usually a circular black cover you can remove and look through (which someone famously mistook for a subwoofer once if I recall...)