Differences Between FR & Sport

Oct 31, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs
Hi there.

Looking at getting an Ibiza TDi at the moment.

Was initially looking for the FR, but can't get insurance - so now looking for the Sport.

What are the main differences between the two?

I realise that the Sport looks more like the FR since it's April Facelift?

What were the differences both pre & post-facelift?

Cheers for any help!

Oct 31, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs
Have looked through the brochure properly and the FR has in additon to the Sport:

- Silver door mirrors
- Chrome Exhaust pipe (compared to twin standard)
- Light casings in grey
- MP3 CD Player with Aux-in & Steering controls
- Height adjust on pass. seat with Access Plus?
- Silver vent/dash kit
- White Dials
- Side Airbags
- Alarm
- 6 Speed Gearbox
- 17" Wheels compared to 16"
- Traction Control

The Images given in the brochure and on SEAT website don't really define between the bumpers on the Sport/FR. Are they similar? After studying the forum & the SEAT website looks like you can purchase the Cupra bodykit for it too?

Oct 31, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs
Not on the FR. It's standard on the FR but part of the Luxury Pack (£270) for the Sport.

Luxury Pack for the Stylance/Sport is:
Rain Sensor
Auto-dim RV mirror
Height adjustable front pass seat with Access Plus
MP3 CD with AUX
Steering wheel audio controls
Alarm

Not too bad an option selection for £270.

What is 'Access Plus'?

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
What is 'Access Plus'?
With Access Plus you can tip the backrest on the passenger seat forward then slide the whole seat forward to permit easier access. You then tilt the backrest upright again and slide the seat back to its original position without having to readjust it.

It's a bit of a fancy name for a simple but useful function.:D

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
FR is only insurance group 8 isnt it?

dont forget the new sport tdi is only 100bhp unlike the old sport which is 130 bhp.

The cupra bumpers are slightly diff to the facelift versions, but the facelift versions has a larger vent to allow air access to the Side mount intercooler.

A cupra bumper would block this air flow...

Oct 31, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs
Cheers for info.

I think the standard bumpers look pretty nice anyway. Just noticed one of the Pics in brochure is of a Sport :).

FR is only group 8 that's correct. I've been with current insurance company since 18th B'day in July so bit pointless to change now. They say they won't insure me on it till I'm 21 due to the performance!!

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
The facelifted Sport model has the FR suspension too (apparently - its definitely firm!) and is much more in control of its power than the pre facelift one that I drove. I had this sort of dilemma, but for me it was a choice of a Sport for £9k prereg delivery miles, or a 2005 FR with 5k for £2k more. I chose the Sport cos im a tight arse and so far i've not been disappointed with my choice.

Oct 31, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs
Tried again.... "Classification of the vehicle... Underwriters decision due to the bhp of the vehicle... Group 8 makes no difference..."

I can't change insurance this year as am 5 months into policy and they were the cheapest buy £1000 at the start of the policy!