Differences Between FR & Sport

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
Cheers Tony! Your average MPG is down as 48.7 - how hard do you drive it? I was under the impression that I should be able to get the mid-50s quite easily?
Its not run in yet, and if you drive hard i doubt you'd get mid 50's! I dont drive too hard, keep somewhere near the speed limits [B)] but running in a diesel you need to give it some stick.

Oct 31, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs
I drive my 307 really calmly - I can just about get 55mpg if I sit at 60mph on motorways and hide behind lorries etc (as Clarkson taught us! :p). I do a 500 mile a week commute so fuel economy is all hehe!

When is it 'run-in' so to speak? This would only be my 2nd Diesel and my Pug had 10k on when I bought it!

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
Well............... normally a diesel takes ages to run in properly and give its best fuel consumption. 10k maybe? My MPG figure yesterday was along the M4 to West Wales @ 75, then onto the A roads at 60-70 ish, a bit of around town work and then head home. 51.5mpg was the average on the computer. Today I "only" got 49.2mpg but then it was running for 10mins deicing at the start of the day and then 45mins of stop start traffic coming through Bristol tonight. I've done just over 300miles on this tank and it says i've got 230 left :-o

My old car struggled to get 230 out of a full tank when driven slowly, and that was also a 45ltr tank.

Oct 31, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs
Excellent :) Thanks for the info :).

So long as I don't have to fill up more than once a week on average I'll be good hehe :D.

Can't wait for my test drive now though! :p.

Howcome you went from smart to SEAT then?

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
Howcome you went from smart to SEAT then?
Cos the bf is on his second Seat and loves them, and i've always had a soft spot for them. But I had to get rid of the smart, group 16 insurance and 30mpg combined with losing £10k in depreciation in 18months and only having 6 months warranty left - all sort of made the decision for me! (2yrs warranty on a smart, you get longer on a TVR!)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members