Dirty tailpipe

MrStroppy

Dec 5, 2011
Hi,

Apologies if this question is on here.....if so please could you tell me the link.

My twin pipes are brown (stained) and the paint around the pipes.

I have t-cut polished and sealed the paintwork but unsure what to use on the exhaust.

Many thanks

Porker3

May 17, 2015
Ive used Autosol and it is pretty good. Im now on Britemax metal polish twins kit. Two bottles used depending on the contamination. It also puts a seal on. Well worth a try. Around £14 for the set. Lasts ages too.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
If you need to get off the carbon build up (black stuff), use fine wire wool and a little Autosol metal polish. I do mine each weekend and they come up brand new. The fine wire wool won't scratch the tail pipes, it's just enough to move all that horrid black stuff. Finish it off with some more metal polish and buff to a sheen with a microfibre towel.

concerned cat

Nov 30, 2014
Huddersfield UK
Tardis or white spirit to get rid of the inevitable tar. The rear wheel spits it up then it melts into the exhaust. Then autosol. For stubborn build up, a nylon scouring pad with autosol. As Jack above says, they come up like new. I also do the back of the rear collecter box. That makes all the difference when behind the car!

Last edited:

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I use wd40 and a soft cloth or if it's really tough to get the muck of a bit of fine steel wool as someone else mentioned