Do I have a Pollen filter?

TDi_B5

Feb 2, 2010
Southampton
My 1999 doesn't appear to have a pollen filter. I removed the small panel at the bottom passenger side of the windscreen cowel panel but apart from a heap of leaves, there is nothing in there! Is that where it is supposed to be? Does anyone have a picture of theirs? Is mine supposed to have one?

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
I believe they should have one, but your's may have been removed for some reason?

Do you have a pipe leading into the car under there, as it's pretty easy to fit one - in fact I have a spare filter frame in the loft!

TDi_B5

Feb 2, 2010
Southampton
Well thats what made me wonder as there was nothing for a pollen filter to fit into, no tray or housing at all. Perhaps the housing was removed and never refitted? Does anyone have a picture of what is in theirs?

And if I'm supposed to have one, could I buy your filter frame lunalupi?

0000zoon0000

pollen filter

Hi,

there should be a pollen filter exactly where you said: bottom passenger side of the windscreen.

See the image:

uh... can't post url here: h__p_//mtc.md/my_home_page/i.jpg

you should see there 18B, 18A (this is the filter itself) 19 (plastic box) and inside that box there should be the fan 1.

Cheers.

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Here's the image for you :)

i.jpg

And of course you can buy the frame off me if you need it - from memory the bits I have are 18B and 19 but I can check (and retrieve it from my mums loft!)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.