Dodgy bonnet catch

gregorcupra

Nov 8, 2007
Paisley
My bonnet is a complete james blunt to open.

When you pull the lever to open it it doesnt pop the bonnet up. You have to try at least 10 times and even then you have to get your fingers under the grill and pull up !

Anyone else had this problem ? How did you resolve it ?

cuprachrissy

lol mine done it the other day as i was just taking it into the spray shop, wiil have to sort it wen it comes out!

23mjh

Jan 14, 2007
cardiff
cable is probably slightly stretched with age ,get a mate 2 gently push da bonnet down (carefull not 2 dent it)while u pull the lever this should open it .now ya need 2 adjust the catch down a bit (slide up the seat emblem grill then there are 2 10 mm bolts) once u av done this there are 2 rubber adjusters on either side of the bonnet screw these out slightly, this will give u extra tension on the catch so it will spring open easier

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
when was the last time you cleaned it and greased it ? the catch that is ?

gregorcupra

Nov 8, 2007
Paisley
cable is probably slightly stretched with age ,get a mate 2 gently push da bonnet down (carefull not 2 dent it)while u pull the lever this should open it .now ya need 2 adjust the catch down a bit (slide up the seat emblem grill then there are 2 10 mm bolts) once u av done this there are 2 rubber adjusters on either side of the bonnet screw these out slightly, this will give u extra tension on the catch so it will spring open easier

Nice one mate just been out and done that. piece of piss and all sorted. Thanks very much !