Dodgy handling

Whitfield150

Apr 7, 2005
while out the other week I noticed a few times that the rear end of my car skipped out, at first I put it down to the snow/ice on the roads, however with this now clearing up i've noticed that it seems to happen when the passanger side at the front of the car hits a bump in the road.

Car seemsto drive as normal other than this and the bottom arms and track rod ends were all replaced only 20k ago although there is a slight clunking noise from that area when turning right and driving slowly.

Any one any ideas?

Last edited:

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
ive noticed this on mine recently...what suspention setup are you running..?

mine pulls to the left a bit aswell. even after i had full wheel alignment so ive put it down to maybe a bit of break binding..

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
Did you replace the ball joints when the wishbones were done?

Mine went really bad about a month ago, to the point where it felt I didn't have complete control of the car, even in a straight line it would slightly go off to the left and right (I had the tracking done, that didnt help)

I replaced the wishbones, wishbone bushes, track rod ends and ball joints last week and its back to normal again, it also got rid of the banging (was a wishbone bush).

The clunking your experiencing may be the CV joint, I had the same problem when I had my fiesta.

Whitfield150

Apr 7, 2005
I'm pretty sure that the ball joints came with the wish bones, i'm running Bilstene suspension that I had fitted 4 years ago and I no the front callipers are in pretty shocking state after my last MOT.

I'm the same while driving in a straight line, i've had a bit of a fright a few times.

The track rod ends were also done at the same time as the arms, I guess i'll need to book it in to find out for sure!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise