dodgy window

nac34

can anyone give me some idea what is wrong with my window.

couple months ago my drivers side window stopped working. done a search on here and read that the motor for the window is usually to blame. got a new one from the dealers. once fitted its was fine worked perfect.

now after the snow and icey weather (dont know if its got something todo with it)
the window started playing up again wouldnt open. the following day it was fine and today it wasnt working at all

BUT after gettin home an the car being parked up for around 4 hours i had to pop out to the car only to find my window open.

any ideas please.

oh does anyone know if there is a common rattle for the drivers side rear quarter area.

thanks

TJP

Nov 24, 2009
i have the same problem. window worked fine, then stopped working completely. then just recently it has started working again on and off.

Is it the motor / regulator or a just a case of a sticky switch. I have seen the thread on here about removing the switches and given them a good clean.

must be worth a shot

TJP

Nov 24, 2009
removed the switches and cleaned um up. one was shot, but think i need a regulator too. swap the swicthes still nothing

cuprawill

Turbo lag is foreplay
Nov 20, 2009
mine is simular i have to tap my switch with a bit of force for it to work i think its the switch will have to order a new one

Dr Gav

mine hasnt worked for a few months either. It ended on a high though by randomly opening, half opening and closing by its own accord. Dropping me in it with the misses when i was leaving hers and she shouted something to me, with my car replying by shutting its window :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.