Dodo Juice Lime Prime or AG Super Resin Polish?

JamJay

California Bound
Which would you choose?

It's nearly time for the car's first detail of the year and I need a good, slightly abrasive polish to cut back a couple of light marks and swirls.

I have heard equally good things about both products but the fact that I can obtain the latter in Halfords, puts me off a little.

What would you recommend? Or another entirely?

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
I used a Clay Bar and Carnuba Wax couple of weeks back on the Musty, did a grand job :)

Havent used (or heard of) Dodo juice... whats that all about?

harty190486

POWER!!!
Dec 29, 2008
staffordshire
dodo juice lime prime or lime prime lite is amazing stuff,can be used by machine or by hand and really brings out the metalic flec in my plat LCR and gets out any little scratches swirls,or maring from claying plus its a pre wax cleaner it wins hands down in my eyes, even my mate with a red s3 wants me to hit his car with it did a test section on the wing and he was amazed, used to use super resin polish but i dont think is cuts it compared to dodo and it leaves loads of dust, id go dodo mate.
Dave

F2 Ed

now has VAG com
Nov 5, 2006
www.superlite-wheels.com
dodo juice lime prime or lime prime lite is amazing stuff,can be used by machine or by hand and really brings out the metalic flec in my plat LCR and gets out any little scratches swirls,or maring from claying plus its a pre wax cleaner it wins hands down in my eyes, even my mate with a red s3 wants me to hit his car with it did a test section on the wing and he was amazed, used to use super resin polish but i dont think is cuts it compared to dodo and it leaves loads of dust, id go dodo mate.
Dave

Does the lime prime really cut better than the super resin? I thought lime prime was a very light polish, more of a pre wax cleaner.

Gillen

Lime Prime would be what i'd choose. It is slightly abrasive, SRP is just a filler isn't it?

Dave

Lime Prime Lite is just a paint cleanser, no abrasives whatsoever.

JamJay

California Bound
Lime Prime would be what i'd choose. It is slightly abrasive, SRP is just a filler isn't it?

Lime Prime Lite is just a paint cleanser, no abrasives whatsoever.

I think SRP is quite filler heavy, not that my paintwork needs it TBH. I'd rather have a polish that doesn't just mask over things with filler anyway so I guess i'm leaning more towards the Lime Prime for that?

:yes: The lite version is completely unabrasive, much like the Deep Crystal Polish offered by Meguiars.

demon_dan

Lime Prime will get rid of minor light swirls and oxidisation, not the lite, like someone said, it doesn't contain abrasives and is more of a pre wax cleanser. I find AGSRP a bit dusty and it tends to mask the swirls as opposed to helping to correct them ;)

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Just cos halfords sell it doesn't mean its crap. Its just a brand that they buy in. I personally use SRP every 2-3 months or so, have done on all my cars in the 6 years i've been driving, all with good results.

F2 Ed

now has VAG com
Nov 5, 2006
www.superlite-wheels.com
It is dusty though, but that doesn't bother me too much.

I went over the ibiza last night with SRP and i've even managed to get a wet mottled finish on white! Not an easy colour to work with.

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
JamJay, you've got swirl marks??! You've not long had it resprayed have you?

I was looking at buying LP not so long ago and ended up going for SRP. From what i read, LP is most effective when applied by machine and SRP is one of the most effective polishes at hiding swirls if your applying by hand.

sunilbass

Jan 12, 2007
lesta
if you have a da, the lime prime! ive just gone over mine again this week with it using a megs g220, sonus sfx1 pad and lime prime, took out quite allot of the swirls!

JamJay

California Bound
Hi all, I decided to try the SRP in the end, the warm weekend weather motivated me to do a detail on the car. I am really impressed to be honest, it removed a few marks that were bugging me on the side skirts, made by girls with high heels. I went over the SRP with EZ Creme Glaze, Jetseal 109 & Collinite 476s and it looks great. No pics as yet because I am waiting until after work to give it a coating in Red Mist.

Mash, no, no swirls but clay bars cause marring so I wanted to make sure that any damage that it did could be removed. The car didn't necessarily need a polish but I didn't think there was any point in cutting corners :)

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
If your getting marring when claying the car then you are either not using enough lube or the clay you are using is too aggressive.

Lime Prime works better than SRP by machine as someone else has already said, it also reacts well to the type of pad you use, giving more cut the higher grade pad it is applied with. By hand it wont really remove any swirls or scratches. Remember, LP was designed to be a pre wax cleanser first, it just happens that with the right tools it can also be used as a light polish compound.

SRP was designed to be a polish with fillers so is naturally better by hand. By machine is is dusty and although has a level of cut to it doesnt react to different pads as well as LP. Its not a product to be dismissed though. I have had very pleasing results from SRP and EGP as a combo in the past.

Good to see you were pleased with the results you got as well :thumbup:

JamJay

California Bound
I think to be honest i'm overly cautious with the clay lube and cleaning in general :D. At least now my cleaning box is complete and stocked up for the future as marks inevitably appear over the years. Thanks everyone for the advice, before I joined this forum, it's safe to say that I knew nothing about cleaning a car but it's very rewarding to look out of my window now, at a car with almost zero defects (I need to pay some more attention to some small tar spots on the side skirts), with a deep wet look shine and reflection, knowing that I did it.

Gillen

I think to be honest i'm overly cautious with the clay lube and cleaning in general :D. At least now my cleaning box is complete and stocked up for the future as marks inevitably appear over the years. Thanks everyone for the advice, before I joined this forum, it's safe to say that I knew nothing about cleaning a car but it's very rewarding to look out of my window now, at a car with almost zero defects (I need to pay some more attention to some small tar spots on the side skirts), with a deep wet look shine and reflection, knowing that I did it.
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php

I think you're in for a shock.

:p

TubbyTwo

Taking a break from JDM..
Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
i used AG super resin at the weekend for the first time in years and was really surprised with the results, only did 1 layer but it was better than i remembered. even worked fine in direct sunlight.

Never really got on with it on my MR2s black paint could never get that nice deep shine, but the LCR seems to take quite well.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.