mk1 Seat LCR - Paint Correction Detail + some wetsanding

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Silver LCR – Paint Correction Detail – some life in the old girl

Amazes me how LCRs are still so sought after nearly 10 years on. Holdup has been following epic threads on here such as DKs and Tom’s threads and wanted to give his car the same sort of attention and love those amazing LCRs get on a regular basis.

Having worked on a fair few Leon’s now I was as confident as ever that I get breath a new lease of life in the old girl as the car deserves no less.

Car turned up like so:

IMG_5249.JPG

IMG_5250.JPG

IMG_5251.JPG

IMG_5254.JPG

IMG_5255.JPG

IMG_5256.JPG

IMG_5258.JPG

IMG_5259.JPG

IMG_5262.JPG

IMG_5272.JPG

IMG_5274.JPG

Products
Wash n Drying
  • 3M Car Body Shampoo
  • AutoSmart G101 All Purpose Cleaner
  • AutoSmart Tardis
  • Megs APC as Snowfoam
  • Chemical Guys Orange Degreaser
  • CarPro Iron X
  • PB Super Plush Drying Towel
  • Various microfibers

Body Work
  • Wolfs Chemicals clay
  • AutoSmart Reglaze
  • Menzerna IP
  • Autoglym Super Resin Polish

Sealants and Waxes
  • Autoglym Super Resin Polish
  • Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

Plastics, Rubbers and Glass
  • Megs Tyre Endurance
  • Autobrite Crystal
  • AutoSmart Finish
  • Wolfs Chemicals Nano Trim
  • WD40

Tools
  • Dodo Juice Spin Doctor Rotary
  • Megs G220 DA

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Order of the day was a very deep cleanse of the paint surface. The car was heavy with iron contaminants so I wanted to get the paint as clean as possible so the Iron X could do the most amount of damage possible. Megs APC was used as the snow foam and it worked amazingly well. Once the car was de-contaminated or ironnthe normal safe wash routine was followed and the car quickly brought inside for some love.

IMG_5276.JPG

IMG_5278.JPG

IMG_5281.JPG

IMG_5285.JPG

IMG_5292.JPG

IMG_5296.JPG

IMG_5297.JPG

IMG_5302.JPG

IMG_5304.JPG

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Bird etching here was pretty severe even after 2 passes with a compounding pad and menz ip. There was also an elevated section of paint that I couldn’t quite make out what it actually was. With healthy paint levels I decided that the car deserved some wetsanding to lessen the impact of these defects.

IMG_5341.JPG

IMG_5348.JPG

IMG_5350.JPG

IMG_5353.JPG

IMG_5355.JPG

IMG_5357.JPG

IMG_5359.JPG

IMG_5361.JPG

IMG_5364.JPG

IMG_5365.JPG

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
IMG_5391.JPG

IMG_5392.JPG

IMG_5395.JPG

IMG_5396.JPG

IMG_5399.JPG

IMG_5402.JPG

IMG_5404.JPG

IMG_5406.JPG

IMG_5407.JPG

IMG_5408.JPG

I was pretty happy that I managed to breathe some new life into this silver paint. I was really happy that the old faithful SRP and EGP worked wonders especially when applied via DA. Looking forward to hearing how long the protection lasts on the car – fingers crossed for a good 4-6months!

Big thanks to holdup for the visit! Hope to see you at AmD meet with the car sparkling! :)

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Thanks Maz!

Wish i could say that ive kept it clean but a week and a half later i ended up in hospital and been here since :( it was dirty when i went in but i wont let anyone clean it haha, glad its protected underneath it all though! When im out and well enough it will shine again!

James

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
That is one job well done!
Thanks bud.

Amazing work as always Maz
Cheers Chris, all well with yours still?

Thanks Maz!

Wish i could say that ive kept it clean but a week and a half later i ended up in hospital and been here since :( it was dirty when i went in but i wont let anyone clean it haha, glad its protected underneath it all though! When im out and well enough it will shine again!

James
Thanks James, hope you get well soon :)

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Cheers, im looking on the bright side though all the time im here the less money im spending the more money to spend on my car!

mathewh09

Hi jonjay, could you tell me which product you use on door hinges,grills etc? Oh as ever youve done an amazing job love reading your detail posts. Thanks matt

mathewh09

I'll have to give them ago do you apply them with a brush or just leave to soak? Usualy use tfr but thats not the best thing for paintwork ive heard :/ Thanks again
Matt

mathewh09

I'll have to give them ago do you apply them with a brush or just leave to soak? Usualy use tfr but thats not the best thing for paintwork ive heard :/ Thanks again
Matt

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Quick update, car had its first wash in over a month today, still really happy with the results, gave it a bit of a top up with turtle wax wet and dry spray wax and she's gleaming again!

Thanks again Maz especially for your advice!

2yqejate.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.