mk1 Seat LCR - Paint Correction Detail + some wetsanding

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Thanks Tom.

I think the hardest part of the job was making sure the car was really clean and trying to inject some life into the paint.

4937Liam

Jan 12, 2010
Lakenheath, Suffolk.
Nice work as always Maz - I wish I had the time to get out and give mine a good once over to this level but the weather is to poor/damp really to be machining and compounding outside.
How did you find the wet sanding? - Im still pretty new at this myself but generally find it easier to do on something like a 2000/3000grit trisac pad which gives more consistency and even pressure.

Liam.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Nice work as always Maz - I wish I had the time to get out and give mine a good once over to this level but the weather is to poor/damp really to be machining and compounding outside.
How did you find the wet sanding? - Im still pretty new at this myself but generally find it easier to do on something like a 2000/3000grit trisac pad which gives more consistency and even pressure.

Liam.
Cheers Liam. Good to see you still got the Leon :)

I done wetsanding quite a few times now. I am ok with it but you got to know when the right time is to wetsand something and whether you will get enough gains from doing it. This is coming from a standpoint as to whether its a scratch, orange peel, bird etching or some weird defect. I am always cautious lets put it that way and make sure I got plenty of paint to work with.