Does anyone actually reply on here anymore?!

Deleted member 103408

For me still prefer the Forum to Facebook, as you say you cant have a structured layout with lots of information.
But the world is constantly evolving and for now I am afraid we all have to use lots of web sites and (but not me) social media sites.

Reactions: BadBoy03 and Jim45

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
The Mk1 is getting quite old now so my guess is most people have moved on to other cars and hence other forums. This forum has been a great source of info and helped me fix so many issues with my mk1. After 10 years of ownership, with 235000 on the clock and the gearbox starting to whine again, I gave mine away last year. It's still going and with all the info and cheap spare parts it should last a few more years.

Reactions: BadBoy03

Deleted member 103408

And with the cheap lease deals lots of people are now upgrading much more frequently, with the result that a lot of people don't keep the cars long enough to worry about doing stuff to them. See that in the MK3 section, much less mod talk and lots of what tyres, mpg etc.

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
For me still prefer the Forum to Facebook, as you say you cant have a structured layout with lots of information.
But the world is constantly evolving and for now I am afraid we all have to use lots of web sites and (but not me) social media sites.

This forum is as sociable as I get. Don't do Facebook etc, so this site is nice for me as I get to enjoy all things SEAT with like minded folk. I have learnt everything I know from here, although a long way to go yet. When the MK1 becomes a vintage car & tax exempt, i'lI know how to fix it!! :)

Reactions: verbal_kint

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
This forum is as sociable as I get. Don't do Facebook etc, so this site is nice for me as I get to enjoy all things SEAT with like minded folk. I have learnt everything I know from here, although a long way to go yet. When the MK1 becomes a vintage car & tax exempt, i'lI know how to fix it!! :)

Exactly same as me mate I don’t have Facebook deleted it years ago, too many annoying pricks on it

BadBoy03

Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Exactly same as me mate I don’t have Facebook deleted it years ago, too many annoying pricks on it
emoji23.png

Too right. Who wants to hassled by twats you try to avoid. Or who cares that someone took a dump that morning & it was better than someone else's! :doh:

Deleted member 103408

This must be the grumpy old man corner (I feel right at home).

Reactions: Jim45

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
Too right. Who wants to hassled by twats you try to avoid. Or who cares that someone took a dump that morning & it was better than someone else's! :doh:

What does my nut in is when people put pictures of their food saying ‘can’t wait to eat this’

Well stop taking friggin pictures and eat it ya clown

Reactions: BadBoy03

BadBoy03

Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Lol... I'm 39 so I'm clinging on & think it's fair to say my patience is thinning but alcohol tolerance is increasing!:cheers:

Deleted member 103408

Well i am over 60, alcohol tolerance is still there but now i have to drink wisky at the end cant manage the pints.

And the I forget everything, like where are the car keys, my glasses, the OBD11 Dongle and wander round the house :)

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I’ll apologise upfront as I’m being lazy coz I’m at work but where’s the best place to buy the OBDll dongle and does it only work with an Android phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I'm an oldie too.
Mine is looking good and running well.
FB what a load of ......
My knowledge has grown thanks to this forum.
Kinda like it more than FB etc but pic and vid uploading is an arse.
Anyway here's a couple of
8655b008b64c43ac15b476a355850716.heic
pics to cheer us grumpy old sods up.
274fd7b425beedebddf3458da44cf8ed.heic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Looks good @Sparkie
How do you cope with that ride height!?! I just fitted the chin spoiler to my LCR (after 10 years of not having it on there). I’m running standard ride height and have already christened it on the ramp in the car park at work.:banghead2

I’ve been a Mk1 LCR owner since 2003!!! Could that be a record??

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
I had a black LCR 210 in 2003 as a company car. Not many people knew how good these cars were back then (apart from cupranet of course!). When I changed jobs I bought a 2004 LCR in platinum grey and have owned it since 2006. It’s still standard with a few minor exceptions. It feels almost like a challenge to keep the car in its standard form.
But the temptation is there to make this a weekend car... or maybe just flog it and get something newer, faster and more refined...

Deleted member 103408

No keep that standard and go buy a project car for the weekend ride.

There will always be more refined / faster / better speced cars to buy but for me the Leon is about the Fun.
I took a Transit van yesterday, No Speed/ Rubbish cornering but after a healthy drive I came back with a smile on my face.

Moral is as long as you enjoy driving it, it gets you from a to b and does not cost a fortune to keep on the road why change.

Well that's me anyway.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Looks good @Sparkie
How do you cope with that ride height!?! I just fitted the chin spoiler to my LCR (after 10 years of not having it on there). I’m running standard ride height and have already christened it on the ramp in the car park at work.:banghead2

I’ve been a Mk1 LCR owner since 2003!!! Could that be a record??

Ride height is ok. Had a Cupra that was lower. My step son Hit the sump on unseen speed bumps.
I don’t find it a problem and I drive into London frequently.
Loads of humps, bumps and thumps to deal with.
I go slow on these.
It annoys people behind me but that’s why they’re there, so stuff them.

Did scrape splitter last week as it goes.
Always drive with the front splitter on.
46 quid new. It’s a throw away part to protect your painted bumper!
I can’t do car park ramps well if strait on. Have to approach at an angle. Try it and you’ll be fine.
I do have a few friends I can’t get onto their drives as their drop kerbs are too steep and no chance of doing it at an angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise