Does anyone have a picture of an ibiza lowered on 60mm shocks+springs??

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
be careful of lowering springs mate.

they lower the shock to below their normal working points and put a lot of strain and wear on the shock itself.. you will find the shocks will be totaled in around a year, if not less.

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
well if your sure....

this is how mine sat on coilies.... roughly 75mm (ish)

DSC04911.jpg

the thing is they are on cupra shocks wich are slightly lower than standard anyway,

the springs are 60mm on the front and 40mm on the rear, i had a friend who had his cupra for 3 years, he bought it on lowered springs and standard shocks and never bothered to change them and he never had any problems

i think it one of theese things, if u have money to spend then dont use springs but if ur poor and you have many friends who are mechanics who would fix it if it went wrong anyway then i dnt see any problem

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
Id say he was lucky to not have any problems then.

You got to remember yes the Cupra shocks are slightly lower than the 1.4 models but they also weigh more which will lower then even more. If you were to stick standard cupra shocks an springs on a 1.4 it would be almost exactly the same ride height as the standard 1.4 ones anyway. I know this from experience myself when i put the cupra set up on my 1.4 when i got my cupra

Jan 8, 2008
Portsmouth
if anything the stiffness raises the 1.4! ask adam! put my origionals on his 1.4 and it looked rather high!!! coilies are so cheap and available these days in the long run it will save you a fortune!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.