Does your car wobble with back windows open?

DandB

My other car
Jul 20, 2007
London
Cruising slowly (30-40mph) i feel the need for some air but don't want it in my face, so i open the back windows...... then i hear a slight vibration and my ears pop and as i get faster the whole car seems to wobble and judder with vibration :blink:???

I've always had a 2 door car and never experienced this before and can't remember it being a problem in other cars. Must be the aerodynamics of the car and the air catching in the back or something :confused:

Do i have a fake Cupra or does this happen to anybody else lol??

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

I think its pretty normal

happened in my astra and does it in my leon

Irfan

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
open a front window slightly to allow the pressure to release. you could experiment with the air vent system also.

are you opening one rear window or two? if one open another.

Agreed it a air pressure wave building up in the cabin - happens on most cars these days just crack open one of the front windows and it will disappear.

H8T WP

when i open the passenger window and no one is sitting with me the seatlet on that side slaps against the pillar and bangs around.. thats pretty annoying..

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
I get a loud thumping wave sound when i open one window in the front or rear, open the opoosite window slightly and it dissappears. Not noticed a wobble though. Ps. Different car though, same priciple maybe.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
Agreed it a air pressure wave building up in the cabin - happens on most cars these days just crack open one of the front windows and it will disappear.

it is actually vacuum being created not pressure.

if you can picture the air inside the car is stationary, and the air outside is doing dans 30-40 mph. the faster air travels the lower the pressure it has, therefore when you open a window the air inside is sucked out until the pressure equlises. this is why dans ears feel strange, like going up a mountain the air gets progressively thinner and your ears pop.

this is why smokers open their windows while they have a tab, and why big fat goldfinger gets sucked out a little aeroplane window when good triumphs over evil!!

as mentioned earlier opening a window/vent/sunroof will help airflow.

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
when i open the passenger window and no one is sitting with me the seatlet on that side slaps against the pillar and bangs around.. thats pretty annoying..

Lift the shoulder adjuster up to it's highest point, it won't rattle against the B pillar then :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members