Dog Bone Mount.. Again

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
just had a MOT and had a good look at the mount and insert, visually all seems fine and no excessive movement, the tester did find that the rear lower gearbox mount was worn and put it as an advisory, not a major or failure ! This could be what I’m feeling/noticing ! Going to get it changed and I’ll post the results

Mines due its MOT in a few weeks and I was going to do the same as you. You beat me to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
just had a MOT and had a good look at the mount and insert, visually all seems fine and no excessive movement, the tester did find that the rear lower gearbox mount was worn and put it as an advisory, not a major or failure ! This could be what I’m feeling/noticing ! Going to get it changed and I’ll post the results

Just had my MOT and they reported that the Mount and insert are both in good condition both visually and mechanically.

My front tyres are getting low (Michelin PS4S) and I’m putting my issues down to that. Got two new replacement PS4S tyres sat in my garage for when they need replacing.

Stephen Booth

Nov 3, 2019
Essex
Just had my MOT and they reported that the Mount and insert are both in good condition both visually and mechanically.

My front tyres are getting low (Michelin PS4S) and I’m putting my issues down to that. Got two new replacement PS4S tyres sat in my garage for when they need replacing.

Are The PS4s the best tyre for us ? I’ve currently got the factory conti contact sport 6s which are good but going to need replacing very soon ?

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Are The PS4s the best tyre for us ? I’ve currently got the factory conti contact sport 6s which are good but going to need replacing very soon ?

In my opinion yes. Until recently they have been great, just started to have grip issues which is why I questioned the insert.

My front tyres are getting low on tread but no advisory so I’ll take it careful till I need to replace them.

I have two new PS4S tyres sat in my garage that I purchased off Blackcircles for £251. Best price I could find at the time. I buy them and my local Seat Dealer fits them for me. They only charged me £25 to fit four tyres I supplied last time they were replaced and I know that they will look after my wheels too as I have a good relationship with them. If they damage a wheel they know I’d be after a new one.

So in my opinion the Michelin PS4S tyres are an improvement on the Contisports.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members