Dog Bone Mount.. Again

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
I see why its called a hybrid now it looks like the bottom half is kinda like a puck and the top half is like a insert. Most of the mounts ive seen are only for replacing the bottom section unless you go for the full replacement dogbone. The design of the one you got looks like it will get installed in the same way the bottom mount will have to be cut out and the the new one push up in its place, orientation looks very important though but should still be a simple job.

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
Yeah, part of me wishes I got the normal one now. However this will be a lot better I’m sure. But just want a simple and easy fit!! So what exactly has to happen then? The existing rubber mount does have to come out?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Yeah, part of me wishes I got the normal one now. However this will be a lot better I’m sure. But just want a simple and easy fit!! So what exactly has to happen then? The existing rubber mount does have to come out?

I think the insert that’s available just sits inside the current rubber mount. The Hybrid Mount replaces the current rubber mount.

To be 100% I’d check with Powerflex or their suppliers.

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
I think the insert that’s available just sits inside the current rubber mount. The Hybrid Mount replaces the current rubber mount.

To be 100% I’d check with Powerflex or their suppliers.
I’ve emailed poweflex. It’s not just as simple as pushing the insert in is it I don’t think.

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
Anyone know what torque you tension the bolt back up to when installing these inserts? Just about to go and get mine fitted.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Anyone know what torque you tension the bolt back up to when installing these inserts? Just about to go and get mine fitted.

Not sure if it was 110NM or 100NM - in most install videos they give the torque specs.
Look for the Deutsche parts or ECS youtube channels and dogbone mount and they have the torque figures.
I often hear that bolt should be replaced too

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Dunno if this helps... but this was just uploaded:

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden

If you mean the big bolt (as in the DAP video) with 21 mm socket it is 130 NM . I mounted a FORGE alu insert some days ago on my Cupra and checked in the work shop manual. It says 130NM + 90 degrees.
I skipped the 90 degrees since this normally is used for stretch bolts. Since I reused the old one it’s already stretched……

Used the same torque on my old Golf 7 R, but with a 034 motorsport insert. worked for years :).

/Peter

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
The bolt is 'supposed' to be single use, so you are supposed to replace it if you take it out, purely because of the 'stretch'. But most don't.

Probably makes little difference but worth while doing if upgrading the entire mount.

Reactions: TheSwede

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
Did you get this dogbone fitted? Easy to fit and worth it?
I sent the hybrid one back mate and bought the normal one. Too much work involved with the hybrid one. You might aswell just get a whole new Mount with the messing about you have to do. So as I say, just went for the normal one and they’re brilliant still!!

Jordan Neill

Nov 25, 2018
I sent the hybrid one back mate and bought the normal one. Too much work involved with the hybrid one. You might aswell just get a whole new Mount with the messing about you have to do. So as I say, just went for the normal one and they’re brilliant still!!
Okay sound, which normal one did you go for in the end?

Stephen Booth

Nov 3, 2019
Essex
I still didn't install an insert on this car (it is there on the shelf looking at me and waiting to be installed as I type...)
...but I installed on my previous car, which was an Octavia RS MK3 (essentially the same as the Cupra) and did it myself at a friend's garage: it literally took longer to put the car on the lift than to fit the insert.
The mount is right there, exposed, and all you have to do is remove the bolt, fit the insert, put the bolt again and torque to spec.
The actual fitting part, using an impact gun, took me around one minute.
Seriously, just do it yourself... There is no point to pay anyone to do this work

Stephen Booth

Nov 3, 2019
Essex
I’ve had the 034 motorsport insert type fitted about a year ago and it’s made a big difference to the wheel tramping etc. It feels like the wheel tramp is coming back !? I’ve heard that the inserts can wear and be damaged needing to be replaced ? Has anyone had this or know of this ?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I’ve had the 034 motorsport insert type fitted about a year ago and it’s made a big difference to the wheel tramping etc. It feels like the wheel tramp is coming back !? I’ve heard that the inserts can wear and be damaged needing to be replaced ? Has anyone had this or know of this ?

I’ve got the same Mount and gave the same issue. I have heard the insert can become warped. I need to get under my car but it’s too wet to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stephen Booth

Stephen Booth

Nov 3, 2019
Essex
I’ve got the same Mount and gave the same issue. I have heard the insert can become warped. I need to get under my car but it’s too wet to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you look before I get a chance can you please let me know what you find ????

Reactions: Maypack

Stephen Booth

Nov 3, 2019
Essex
If you look before I get a chance can you please let me know what you find ????

just had a MOT and had a good look at the mount and insert, visually all seems fine and no excessive movement, the tester did find that the rear lower gearbox mount was worn and put it as an advisory, not a major or failure ! This could be what I’m feeling/noticing ! Going to get it changed and I’ll post the results ??

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members