DOLBY's LCR...AKS Tuning Forged 14/07/2013.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Tomorrow I'm off to get alternator fitted, catch can fitted with smoke test and throttle body clean and alignment.

I also bought new key cover and got timpson to cut me a new key. Complete with R badge. I like it.
Screenshot_20190904-190639.jpg
Screenshot_20190904-190651.jpg

Reactions: Yellow fr

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Unbelievable couple days. I bought an RTX alternator literally as it was top seller on ECP. Was sat at home for a couple days until a small light bulb in my head thought I should check reviews. Good job I did apparantly they're horrifically bad with ppl breaking down on their journeys. I then bought the Bosch one (which had to pick up this morning at 0800). This was exaxt same time my car was due to be on garage 20 miles away so to say it was a rush job on motorway was an understatement.

Took car to Unit 18 in Milton Keynes. They done their checks and said alternator was fine. V DUB Workshop in Luton told me alternator was failing!...just goes to show some dodgy garages about.

Still doesn't help the fact I had a battery symbol come on dash briefly (tell tale sign of alternator issues), the car sometimes has a weak start and idle is almost too low sometimes. They looked into it and I had a corrosive earth and terminal on battery.

So that's catch can fitted, throttle body cleaned and calibrated. Both alternators refunded. Just waiting to get rear 2 piece ECS Tuning discs put on rear and new Corbeau seats and I will nearly be there methinks.

Got to rate unit 18 though. Even they said 1.8t most garages are avoiding nowadays due to the eBay crowd putting crap mods on the cars etc etc. And that's something I have always believed too. Changing something for the sake of it isn't an upgrade. An upgrade generally requires you to spend and invest in the car.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
First time I've seen this thread but great to know you've been on here for years and that the cars still much loved. That's some dedication!

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
First time I've seen this thread but great to know you've been on here for years and that the cars still much loved. That's some dedication!
Cheers bud,

Yeh it had a hiatus where it was left. I think most owners go through it. Then get the love back again. It normally starts when you get behind the wheel again. The car is financially breaking me mentally physically and financially but it's still in the grin factor. With the right mods these Leon's go, stop and change direction very well.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Cheers bud,

Yeh it had a hiatus where it was left. I think most owners go through it. Then get the love back again. It normally starts when you get behind the wheel again. The car is financially breaking me mentally physically and financially but it's still in the grin factor. With the right mods these Leon's go, stop and change direction very well.
They are certainly a joy and never ending, I'm yet to make any major mods (plan to bolt in an upgrade turbo from the MK4 golf 150pd) should allow a remap up to about 160 with standard conrods and injectors I believe. Allows room for future gains, with the right mods and with the 150pd turbo I believe you can get up to 200bhp.

Need to get saving!

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Couple small updates. As you know I have had these brakes sat around for a while now so they need to get fitted.
Screenshot_20190910-020244__01.jpg

Alongside some Motul RBF 600 brake fluid (I already have braided lines fitted years ago) I thought I would get these nice forged rear spacers 20mm.
Screenshot_20190910-015838__01.jpg

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
So I think I need to stop, it looks like I got the bug back big time and I think this has to be it now for the time being as its eating into my finances and we all know how addictive modifying is...

Anyway so today I purchased 2 more gauges. It's something I have wanted for a very long time and realistically I should have ordered my nomad Pod with 4 gauge slots. As I think the company either shut down or don't do these anymore.

They are Defi racing line 52mm with amber red lights. Unfortunately I can't link these with my BF link meter as it's all discontinued now. They have their own independent source, and they still do the infamous Defi start up and down sequence. Wanted to keep OEM as possible so it's still all black and red.

Screenshot_20190913-164827__01.jpg
Screenshot_20190913-164812__01.jpg

So I ordered the Oil pressure and Volt meter. Both if these very important anyway but on an older 14 year old car they're now essential. I'm constantly panicking if my battery is ok (it's a second car now) and with engine getting older the oil has to be in top form.

I'm picky about where I want them placed. Was looking at the drivers driv air vent. But will have a look when they arrive. Don't want to take away the aesthetic of the car as I still love the interior. But also don't want to drill or use stickys on top of dash...

Last edited:

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Trying to find a pic of them online that shows you how they would look turned off and this is best I can find. When gauges arrive in will get better pics.

Screenshot_20190913-171345__01.jpg

Also as we know Defi are Japanese and back in the day no one used to put Jap stuff In a VAG car, but the place I purchased from offered me a discount or some resovoir socks...got to say I really like them. And because they are beat resistant they serve a great purpose.

These pics are off the net. I will get some pics when I have some fitted.

Screenshot_20190913-164311__01.jpg
Screenshot_20190913-164546__01.jpg
Screenshot_20190913-164322__01.jpg

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
I thought they were those gym ankle socks women wore in the 90s till I saw the pic of them fitted.
Lol yeh haha.
My first thought were they must be ridiculous fir an engine bay but these things are very versatile as you can cover up lots of things with these...or anything ugly. I can think of loads in engine bay and the fact they're heat resistant that's great.

Reactions: Legojon
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.