door handles

hadz

Jan 30, 2005
West Sussex
i have just bought an a cupra and the only thing that is showing a bit of wear is the inside door handle where you grab the door to close it, the paint seems to have chiped off the plastic, does any1 know if you can buy replacement 1's?

had

flashbsd

mines bad too, and cupra_wayne as he pointed mine out on sat :redface:

CupraPower

Jan 29, 2004
Woking, Surrey
Visit site
I painted mine over the weekend. Came out even better than the standards ones.

Used plastic paint from Halfords in grey can. Very good stuff.

It will only wear off again otherwise! and worked out a lot cheaper. :p

STi

Same problem here. Bought new ones and thought about painting them but I am still wondering will the paint stay on it? The handle’s soft surface is the problem and they don’t look cool at all when the paint starts to chip. Have seen few ones.

CupraPower

Jan 29, 2004
Woking, Surrey
Visit site
Yeah totally agree. Though the paint i bought was very specific for plastic interior. It wasnt like normal paint more of a powder type material. As well as sanding the surface down and preparing it properly it went on really well.
It was a balck finish as well so matches the original perfectally

Have to wait till the summer and see if its still on.

didgy2

newbe
Feb 19, 2004
glos
Visit site
yeah replaced mine a few months ago and they look old and flakey again already.going to spray my old ones and see how they come up. uuuummm what colour tho!!!

commiemidget

Always Cruising!!
Jun 20, 2002
Visit site
Hi There

Think i will have to paint mine as well as Drivers side is really bad and passager side is getting that way as well.

cheers

commiemidget

mikeydee

Mike
Mar 3, 2005
Doncaster
mine did this, i used thinners to rub all the laccer type stuff off, then i sanded them down, primered, sprayed gloss black, then laccered again with spray laccer, they now fine touch wood!