Double Checking - DSG Gearbox and Service

thedigitalage

Mar 21, 2013
Evening all.

I posted last September that I had a DSG Gearbox and Clutch replaced under warranty last year at 32k miles. I'm just checking what warranty that came with and whether my DSG service will now be at 72k miles?

Does the entire warranty run out in March, or will it be everything BUT the gearbox?

Cheers
Gary

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I would think if the parts were replaced under warranty with no contribution from yourself then the warranty would expire at the normal time on the complete vehicle. But as Ronnie said , check with the dealer or Seat UK.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I would think if the parts were replaced under warranty with no contribution from yourself then the warranty would expire at the normal time on the complete vehicle. But as Ronnie said , check with the dealer or Seat UK.

What Andy says is the usual situation

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
normally a 12 month guarantee on parts but again a grey area id say check as the others have, d s g service is usually 40k i believe

Last edited:

thedigitalage

Mar 21, 2013
I had the car in for it's first MOT the other day and whilst I was in asked about the DSG service. They weren't too sure, but said that with it being a new gearbox at 32k, it "makes sense" that it's around 70k miles instead.

I'm not sure what constitutes the serive of it anyway, is it visual, oil and a filter?