Double Din Centre Console

jimbo_iow

Mar 24, 2006
Isle of Wight
Hi Everybody, I'm a bit of a newbie to forums and posting so please excuse me if i get this all wrong. This is a great site and i've usually found what i want without having to post, anyway down to the point.....

I have been thinking about doing a double din conversion in my seat leon and i was wondering if anyone knows if the Audi A3 doublin din cage would fit in the seat or does it have to be the Sat Nav centre console for the leon?

Anyway hope you guys can help, cheers loads

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
yeah its currently on about £150,
Has anyone tried to do this by buying the £15 face plate and cutting away the rest?

PABS, you must have thought about doing this?
did you consider it? if so why did you not bother?

£230 on the sat nav console if flippin ridiculous

Last edited:

centurion

there is a leon centre console with cage and facia in silver on ebay at the mo

item title:
SEAT LEON DOUBLE DIN DASH CENTRE CONSOLE NAVIGATION MFD

What i cant figure out is what happens to the ashtray and ciggy lighter??? any ideas? Do you also need to change the centre console next to the gear stick? and can u custom mount the ciggy lighter sumwhere else to power phone etc while on the move?

Last edited by a moderator:

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
You loose the ash tray and lighter socket. These are nomally in front of the gearstick in a car with Navigation as standard. You could fit a socket anywhere you wanted, just buy a spare boot power socket and flush mount that wherever the cable will reach.

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
yeah saw that one, i emailed him and offered cash, but he reckons he's had loads of interest and from what he said. i could get a brand new one for only a little bit more!!

centurion

cool been seriously considering fitting satnav. i hate that stupid stick on your windscreen crap. only worry is the climate control crap is in perfect position at the mo it look like it moves a couple of inches south any one got satnav who could comment on the ergonomics

centurion

how much can you get the brand new 1 for m.r.davies. do you think his one is not werth £140? looks good in pic. i checked with seat aylesbury they want £230 inc vat for the parts

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
cool been seriously considering fitting satnav. i hate that stupid stick on your windscreen crap. only worry is the climate control crap is in perfect position at the mo it look like it moves a couple of inches south any one got satnav who could comment on the ergonomics

I had the double din dash in both my Leons and the climate kit being an extra inch further down never bothered me. Then again, I pretty much set mine on LO and left it there lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.