Double din conversion

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I've just looked at some pictures online and it just looks like the elasticated version that was fitted to the mk4 Golf which would make sense seeing as it's mk4 Golf ashtray sitting in front of it with the shitty rubber coating over it.

GMAN79

Feb 6, 2015
London
Whats the elasticated version? The one you have?

My ashtray doesnt have that 'shitty' rubber coating lol

Maybe Toledos come with that, all my equipment is for a Seat Leon Cupra :)

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
The gaitor I have fitted has the clip in base, it looks like the type I need is the stretch to fit type.

TBH I was surprised I was given a rubber coated ashtray as the finish doesn't match the rest of the console plastic. I'll buy another lid for it, it's no biggie and easily changed.

You say the cage isn't needed but looking back in this thread at the pictures of one with the cage then surely it is needed as what's going to support the headunit from moving / tilting downwards?

GMAN79

Feb 6, 2015
London
If you have a look at your console (it appears you dont have the cage at the back, if you did you wouldnt need the can to stand it up) the hole for the head unit is just the right size for a head unit with the cage that comes with the head unit. The cage that should be there is really meant for the standard sat nav head unit that would of come from the factory.

You can still fit a head unit with that cage however its a mission as there wont be enough room for all the wires etc because the cage take up all the room. Mine fits perfect, doesnt move or tilt even if you try and make it move and tilt.

Last edited:

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Ok cool I've got ya, well ive messaged the guy to see if he still has it anyway just in case I decide I need it.

Thanks for all the advice.

GMAN79

Feb 6, 2015
London
This is my 16th post, so hopefully now I can share some pics to show you :)

EDIT...

Why cant I add pictures????

Last edited:

GMAN79

Feb 6, 2015
London
I believe it is the full website. Im using my mobile phone.

I have no idea what tapatalk is either lol

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
If you're using your phone I'd recommend installing the Tapatalk app as it makes using forums like this so easy to post in.
I only really use the full website when on my laptop.

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I've just found this image online, this exactly how I want mine with the pearl grey fascia and gearstick surround.

4bcc5ac3ac27ed3b541c7313e8a65f59.jpg

GMAN79

Feb 6, 2015
London
I'm on my laptop now, I still cant add images :(

Mine looks just like that except I opted for the black fascia. That's the gear stick and gaiter I had in my car, however it will not fit into the new centre console. Have a look at where the gaiter will go in your new centre console, and then unclip your gaiter from the existing console and look at how it attaches. You will see it will not fit.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.