Drive Shaft Snapped - vHELP!!

rowlers

Only had the Tolly 3 weeks, and now the drivers side Drive shaft has snapped! Starting to think I shoun't ahve bothered with it!!
Anyway I need a drive shaft desperately, The part number is 1J0407452GX, it looks like it is used across the VAG range, but struggling to find one!

Anyone any pointers?

I've found one from a 2003 Golf GTI 180bhp, any one know if this will fit?

Cheers

meltonlad

Mar 21, 2009
huntingdon
did you buy it from a dealer ? did you get a warrenty on it ?? you could allways take it to a good garage and try welding it as a temp thing.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
I can't help you, but for anyone to have any input they'll need to know what year and model your car is, 5 speed or 6 speed gearbox, location in the country for volunteering a breakers to try, and all sorts of stuff like that. Far too many variables with "I need a driveshaft, can anyone help" sort of questions. :shrug:

rowlers

SHould have put a bit more detail, sorry - I'm in a bit of a flap!

Toledo V5, 170, AQN, 2002, 5 speed.

I'm in Cumbria.

It has snapped right inside the CV joint so not "weldable"

cheers

EDIT It was a private sale so no warranty:(

Last edited by a moderator:

meltonlad

Mar 21, 2009
huntingdon
have you rang round some local motor factors ?? also you could try a online parts finder site. or like viking says try a scrappy yard. or even flea bay as there are some v5 on there for parts.

rowlers

I'm currenlty scouring ebay now! No one puts the parts number on tho so its kinda ard to know which one is suitable!

Also everywhere is closed now too!

rowlers

GOT ONE!

Put in a request on 247spares, got a phone call literally a miunte later, from a breaker in Hamps, currently breaking a Tolly V5 with 42k on the clock. Snapped his hand off at £65 inc post.

Be here on tuesday, and fingers crossed I get no more bad luck with this motor!

Anyone heard of these snapping before, My mechaninc said he'd not seen one snap like this before!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.