Driving reviews have started to appear

Tell

Staff member
They could sink the block paving :unsure:. Haven't checked it with the Ateca 2.0 TDI weight. No, I'm sticking to 2030. Interesting reviews just the same. I'm not sure whether you get the same upright seating position. It's said the battery depth underneath reduces the vertical height in the cabin. Don't want to do back to saloon seating. Something to look out for.

Reactions: Seastormer

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
They could sink the block paving :unsure:. Haven't checked it with the Ateca 2.0 TDI weight. No, I'm sticking to 2030. Interesting reviews just the same. I'm not sure whether you get the same upright seating position. It's said the battery depth underneath reduces the vertical height in the cabin. Don't want to do back to saloon seating. Something to look out for.
And maybe that is why we are getting so many potholes (or should I call them sink holes) along with all the massive 4 x 4 motors - yes I am a grumpy old man.

• Haha
Reactions: Seastormer and Tell

Tell

Staff member
There is a fun review in the Daily Telegraph motoring pages. Informative as well on the Seat / Cupra side... may be nothing in it on the demise of Seat given their King opened a new factory in Spain :unsure:.

Tribe advertising to promote Cupra according to DT, explains the launch advertising of Cupra sometime ago with their natty jackets. Youtube video. The event Syphon went to. The one we had fun with 😇. That was tribe advertising.

DT have always done good car reviews.

I've answered my question now. It's 35% heavier than an Ateca 2.0 TDI 190. Did the numbers.

As all new things you got to experience it although DT readers probably won't. It will be a fun car to have in multicar ownership I reckon for those that do that type of thing.

Telegraph verdict was this:

There’s lots to admire but not enough to love, which is the opposite of the great job which Cupra has done with its Born, which is based on VW’s ID.3. Cupra promises a terrific driving experience with the Tavascan and it simply isn’t. It promises sporting handling, which it hasn’t, while the brakes are horrible and inhibits your ability to exploit the chassis which promises a lot more.

If all you want is a bit of matt paint attitude, then the Tavascan is right up there, but as to whether you want to join The Tribe? On this evidence, no.

Given 3 out of 5.

----

May be the braking bit they can tune out since that's how regeneration is achieved. Leave that for the EV drivers to ponder on. Reckon it's probably a sleek run around. 30 minute charging every 280 miles otherwise. Coffee breaks on the run. Home charging great.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise