Drkas LCR- Air and Interior by Plush

drka-drka

New Schooler
Progress.....dull progress, i made a little more to my heatshield. Finnished up the bottom to it just need to make up some bracket and a couple bits so i can rivet the base to the walls then happy days, if i get bored at work i might finnish this up this week

002-64.jpg

001-64.jpg

drka-drka

New Schooler
UPDATE!!

Well been doing some spending recently bought a FMIC on friday night(Drunken buying FTW) and it arrived today WIN!!

001-65.jpg

Also as part of my brake refurb i dropped off my brembos to a place in Wolves to get fully rebuilt. Im well chuffed theyve been shotblasted, new bleed nipples, seals, pistons and pipes along the bottom. :D:D Very happy with the results

005-56.jpg

004-64.jpg

003-58.jpg

Lots more to come too;)

drka-drka

New Schooler
Iv got a huge parts pile building up and its still got a few major bits to come, getting excited!! Bay is starting to come together. Just sent a few bits off too, cant wait for them to come back too.

Cant wait to feel the brakes since theyr more or less gonna be brand new!

drka-drka

New Schooler
What u doing inside? Think retrims/seats are the final piece to the LCR puzzle

Well seats are my big head ache iv got an idea but im keeping it close to my chest, but that wont be for a while, still got my engine bay 1st to do then stance situation

is it wrong that I now have a picture of your refurbed caliper as my desktop wallpaper?

Haha i really like the look of mint new brembos, i might have to try take a arty farty pic this weekend...cuz im sad!

IH786

Apr 8, 2004
Birmingham
Love the look of those refurbed Brembos :)

How much did it cost to get them done? I'm in Sutton Coldfield so not far from Wolves.

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Awesome stuff mate. Been thinking about getting my brembos fully refurbed like that. Would be interesting to see how different they feel when back on the car, should be solid

drka-drka

New Schooler
Love the look of those refurbed Brembos :)

How much did it cost to get them done? I'm in Sutton Coldfield so not far from Wolves.

Iv got another pic of them that i love haha, i kinda like them in this plain silver..:shrug:

It was 95 pound a caliper, and they totally strip them down, new nipples, seals, pistons good clean up, Mine needed done so i was glad when i found a place so close who could do it.

It was a place called Des Shelley Shafts, really good service he only needed them for a few days think in total it was a 4 day turnround

Awesome stuff mate. Been thinking about getting my brembos fully refurbed like that. Would be interesting to see how different they feel when back on the car, should be solid

I cant wait to get them on, i was only going to be doing discs and pads but iv ended up rebuilding my entire brake system, braided hoses are the last piece and my totally new brake system can be built again:funk:

drka-drka

New Schooler
Right more updates, i wasnt gonna put much up till i was done but like willie said sumwhere on this thread...thats pretty boring.

So i started to fit my FMIC this afternoon

Before

001-66.jpg

During, lots of bits off:(

002-65.jpg

Old Vs New- The FMIC looks kinda small IMO

003-59.jpg

Thats as far as i got cause my drill has no battery so had to go stick that on charge for the night. But i also bought these ages ago and forgot about them being in my rear footwell

004-65.jpg

Whos that in my passanger seat 2:whistle:
005-57.jpg

This is how i left it, looking pretty sorry for itself with most of its bits missing

006-52.jpg

And a shot of my brembos cuz im a ***** and they look so sexy!

007-53.jpg

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
The FMIC may look small but its in a perfect postion to get air to it. The SMIC aren't in the best position:

P1020268.jpg

Its also deeper then the forge ones, which the top part of sits behind the crash bar. It'll do a good job mate.:D

drka-drka

New Schooler
005-57.jpg

My Pedo bear!!!!!!! :D

Mine now bitch:lol:

The FMIC may look small but its in a perfect postion to get air to it. The SMIC aren't in the best position:

P1020268.jpg

Its also deeper then the forge ones, which the top part of sits behind the crash bar. It'll do a good job mate.:D

Yeah looking at that pic there is a huge diffrence, am i right in thinking i have to drill my crash bar bitty? Before i go and do it,lol cant see any other way tbh.

Got a call off the guys making my upper boost pipes they should be here monday too and maybe start to get my bay back together ready for next month. Then MOT again! yey

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.