DRL on all the time.

GORDYDJ

Mar 9, 2024
Could someone have a look at my OBD11 log and figure out how I managed to end up with the DRL's on all the time. By all the time I mean switch in 0 position and car parked up and locked for the night. I have tried numerous settings to no avail. After what someone said last night. I'm wondering is it actually parking lights and not DRL's?
I also somehow managed to disable my dash illumination leds.
Any help is greatly appreciated so I don't have to carry booster cables with me.
My OBD log is here. OBD11 log

Last edited:

GORDYDJ

Mar 9, 2024
Thinking along the lines of parking lights I finally got them off. The way it was worded put me off. The label begins with "parking lights off with terminal s...". found in module 9 (central electronics). You need to put a tick in the box.
But now when I start the car. With the light switch in the 0 position, all the lights come on. the upside is I can use main beam. Whereas in auto I had to switch to manual to be able to use main beam.

I still need help with the dash lights. Once I turn on the ignition or start the car. The led's go out along with the other warning lamps.

Last edited:

GORDYDJ

Mar 9, 2024
Finally got the dash lights sorted. But it's as clear as mud.
Instrument cluster Installed (box ticked) puts the dash lights off. Instrument cluster not installed (no tick) means lights operate as normal. :unsure::banghead2
Now I'm not sure all front lights should be on during daytime when on auto or 0 setting.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.