DRL Passenger light faulty

Mar 9, 2023
17 minutes ago
Hi there, I have recently had a error come up on my dash saying drl left side not working but it does but flickers, assuming water has got into the control module. Now my question is, if I buy a control module from say ebay, take mine out and put new one in does it need to be coded or just a straight swap? Also how much does it cost to get it coded? I'm based in Reading if that helps
Thanks

Reactions: JoseKaLeL

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
I'd swap the modules over and see if the issue goes over to the other light. Then you'd know if it's the module or not.

Mar 9, 2023
Ok will try that first, if it does I take it the module needs changing? Any ideas how much it costs to code new module?
Thanks

JoseKaLeL

ARONA Beats Audio Edition (2019-Facelift)
Jan 8, 2020
Aguascalientes, México
I don’t know un € but at least mine cost like $189 usd when I buy it for my former project but I do not have it install it yet so could you show me where’s located.. I can tell you that you need it coded or maybe search for one of your same car

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
If you replace like for like, no coding is needed - only thing diagnostics will be needed for will be to clear the historic fault code stored in the central electronics 09 module

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members