Seat Leon 2013 LED passenger headlight not working

Nov 22, 2022
Hi all, I Bought a seat Leon 2013 mk3 2.0tdi dsg 2 days ago and had no problems with the lights at all. Till yesterday when i got the car washed and the engine bay cleaned etc. after car wash realised passenger headlight had start flickering before it turned off. Dipped beam, full beam, drl and indicators for the headlight were not working at all. Then today morning after a 10 minute drive stopped at the petrol station and from the station floor i could see the passenger headlight started flickering and then it turned off. Driver headlight is perfect.
Can someone please let me know any remedies or whats the best plan to go forward thanks.

I’m going to get a new headlight bulb today soon and see if that fixes it but other than that any suggestions?

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I could be wrong - it has been knowno_O - but I thought the Mk3 (5F) Leon had either halogen or LED headlamps, not xenon.
If possible post up a pic of your car
Welcome BTW!

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi all, I Bought a seat Leon 2013 mk3 2.0tdi dsg 2 days ago and had no problems with the lights at all. Till yesterday when i got the car washed and the engine bay cleaned etc. after car wash realised passenger headlight had start flickering before it turned off. Dipped beam, full beam, drl and indicators for the headlight were not working at all. Then today morning after a 10 minute drive stopped at the petrol station and from the station floor i could see the passenger headlight started flickering and then it turned off. Driver headlight is perfect.
Can someone please let me know any remedies or whats the best plan to go forward thanks.

I’m going to get a new headlight bulb today soon and see if that fixes it but other than that any suggestions?
Sounds like water ingress into the electrical connectors, I you do have full LED headlights you cannot buy a 'bulb'.

Nov 22, 2022
There are no bulbs in an LED unit. If it's not water ingress into the connectors, and the unit itself has failed, then a replacement complete unit is the only solution, and they ain't cheap, sorry.
I thought they were bulbs but their not. My mechanics going to take my headlight off today and try to dry it out and see if that fixes it but hes said if that doesn’t work he reckons its the ballast.

both headlights had condensation but the driver side one which works dryed up the water because the lights working, the passenger side one still has condensation as the light wont turn and dry it up so will have to do it manually today.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.