droplinks for LCR

2footpegs

Jan 17, 2009
hi ive done a search but can't seem to find anything,

iv got an 53plate LCR and ive been told i need new droplinks, i was wondering wheres the best place to get them from and should i jus be looking to get standard replacements or is there some sorted uprated ones. by the way its on stock suspension if that helps.

thanks

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
What has happened that someone thinks you need new drop links.
I've got new GSF ones that I'm not using.
PM me.
I thought I needed these but in retrospect I didn't need these.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
The LC's drop links are completely different to the LCR's.
The LCR's ones come off of the strutt and the LC's come off of the sub frame.
These cannot be interchanged.
It's LCR ones I have and a LCR I have

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
One the LCR they last at least 92,000 miles from experience.
They connect the Front Anti Roll Bar (ARB) to the strutts.
Ont eh LC the connect the Front ARB to the sub frame. The LC ones have to be changed about 35mm drop as the drive shaft rubbs on the subframe. These last 'a while'????

Esc

thats cool thanks junior senior, and its nice to know i have quite a few miles left in them!

2footpegs

Jan 17, 2009
well im not sure whats happend to them exactly but iv bin told there worn outsomething because theres alot of movement in them something along those lines anyway, how much do they tend to cost and how much is it to get them fitted

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
You can fit these yourself, they are rose mounted joints so very difficult to tell if these are worn without either stripping these down or hearing the rattling and diagnosing these are worn. If you have a rattle i would say this would be one of the last port of calls TBH