DSG Gearbox - when to change oil

Mar 29, 2019
Hi - was hoping some of you Seat Ibiza gurus could offer some advice?

I have a 65-plate 1.0 TSI FR with DSG. It has done about 25k miles and I was wondering when/if the oil would need changing in the gearbox?

Cheers

Mike

Mar 29, 2019
Cheers - I had read that some DSG boxes need an oil change and some dont. Any idea how you determine which one applies?

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Cheers - I had read that some DSG boxes need an oil change and some dont. Any idea how you determine which one applies?
All DSG and even.manual gearboxes need a service. Some list the oil as lifetime but never believe that. No oil us good for a "lifetime" I would just change your every 40k

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mar 29, 2019
Thanks all. Is there a specific type of gearbox oil for the DSG box? If you've done it, how easy is it to do?

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Thanks all. Is there a specific type of gearbox oil for the DSG box? If you've done it, how easy is it to do?
There will be a specific grade of oil which you can buy aftermarket such as castol brand etc but I usually tend to stick with buying it from the manufacturers OEM then that way you know all components are correct. Not sure on this vehicle but if you type in YouTube VW DSG oil change you will get a feel of the process and know if you feel comfortable enough or not.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Just a word of warning, VW Group have two types of DSG Gearbox's

Screenshot 2019-07-10 at 10.23.12.png

The DQ200 (Dry) gearbox is a different setup to the rest (Wet) so double check that what you are looking at is the correct type for your car.

I also seem to recall that the Dry Gearbox did not require an oil change but happy to be proved wrong.

Mar 29, 2019
Thanks @theoldboy I knew I had seen something somewhere. I know I am asking numpty questions here, but how do you tell which gearbox you have? Its a 7 speed, so that narrows it down a bit!

Deleted member 103408

I would have thought you have the DQ200 Personally as this was designed for the smaller engines, however I currently don't have a site that can confirm it but if you talk to a seat garage they will be able to confirm I am sure.

Reactions: Gafferosi

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
I would have thought you have the DQ200 Personally as this was designed for the smaller engines, however I currently don't have a site that can confirm it but if you talk to a seat garage they will be able to confirm I am sure.
Isn't it on the label in the boot and/or Service book?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.