DTUK tuning box

Rob2k68

Jun 11, 2014
Rugby
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the quick reply. The photos supplied were obviously my first port of call but on my car the box wouldn't physically fit between the battery and the air box so I had to improvise which pushed the install time to about an hour whilst I gave it some thought. Is Trevor the same dimensions as the previous unit ? The harness is tie wrapped to the original engine harness so I don't anticipate any heat issues.

Cheers.

Havsgaard

Jan 15, 2014
Denmark
The few days i have been running on map 3+1, i would say the low rpm feels a bit stock-a-like. There's some more power, no question and not bad at all, but it might be more friendly to some peoples needs (like wifes) - and i dont wany wife to wheelspin in the driveway and end up in the garden next door. I will be running map 3+1 for a few more weeks, then i will try 2+1.

Last edited:

MarkBeatty72

Aug 3, 2014
Blyth, Northumberland
Andrew,

Thanks for the response. Do you have any comparision or description for each of the maps like what you have said about 2+1 pulling sharper on the lower RPM's. In the meantime might try 2+1 as 3+1 certainly pulls harder in the lower RPM's but then pulls evern harder at approx 3250RPM on my FR 184

addsLEON

Mar 7, 2013
So I recieved "Trevor" today and fitted it to my 184 fr and noticed a huge difference straight away. Can anyone recommend settings for tuning box?? I currently have it on P2+2 but I know some of you guys have been running them for a while and wanted some feedback on this?

Leonsc184

Jul 31, 2014
Hi all,

I have a Trevor for sale as I am changing cars!

PM me if interested with best offer.

Thanks,

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
I happened to be working 2 minutes from DTUK's office so popped in to say hello and Andrew kindly reflashed my crd-t with the latest map free of charge :) Quality new map, found the torque and acceleration to be a lot more linear than previous map, so big thumbs up guys! Cheers for your brilliant customer care. Highly recommended!

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
Looking for someone running a box on 1.4tsi 140, very tempted by this box, just intrested in what its like real world, the 1.4 for me is quite torquey down low but runs out of puff a bit further up the range....

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
New box ordered! Exciting times! From a quick look at figures I'm gestimating that this box will turn my 1.4 into more like the 1.8tsi? Also had a look at a 180 Ibiza cupra (0-60 7.0secs) mine would be over 100kgs lighter and 50nm more torque... Does that mean I could be looking at high 6's??? Seems a lot...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise