DTUK tuning box

kevj66

Aug 5, 2014
Id be really interested to hear how you get on with your trevor box for your 1.6tdi

been toying with the idea of one for my company car but not found many if any reviews on peoples real world thoughts!

Cheers

Kev:D

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Id be really interested to hear how you get on with your trevor box for your 1.6tdi

been toying with the idea of one for my company car but not found many if any reviews on peoples real world thoughts!

Cheers

Kev:D

I'm not sure if I ordered a Trevor box, is that the same as the crd-t box?

Scrap that, I have ordered a Trevor. I just looked it up haha

Last edited:

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Right so, I've had Trevor on for a day. Found it to be a real ball ache to fit, but I think that was just down to me having a bit of a stressful day at work and then tried fitting the box in the dark with a torch whilst it was raining. The real struggle was taking the common rail sensor and the boost sensor plugs off. It just wasn't going right for me. So had to use pliers in the end. I will definitely need to replace a couple of bits

Anyways. I've gone through a few of the settings and not remembering which ones done what but I know that on a couple of settings I'm feeling the power kick in later than others or at certain speed the power completely stops for about a second. I have realised that I have now little to no turbo lag whatsoever . I was expecting more of a force back into my seat but don't know if that would happen.

It definitely has more power, it feels a lot smoother getting to speed. I just had a bit of fun with a Renault Twingo RenaultSport 133. We were neck and neck. Bearing in mind mine is standard 105hp and the Twingo is 133hp.

I'd like to know what setting would be best though. As I don't know if the settings that you guys have set on your 184's would act the same on my 1.6.

kevj66

Aug 5, 2014
Thanks for the update

Could you update again when you have ran Trevor for a bit longer and found the "best" setting

Id be keen to know if it will give me more real world usable "A" road overtaking power which is what i feel the 1.6tdi lacks.

Also i'd be keen to know what the effects have been on the economy of the car.

Many thanks

Cheers:rofl:

corvettedave

Sep 27, 2014
Once removed there are no traces left behind

iam not so sure about this, I had a diagnostic machine plugged in a few weeks ago, to change to long life service internals etc, and noticed a whole bunch of fault codes relating too maf/map/boost pressure sensor codes etc etc, i know it doesn't say ive used this tuning box, but does indicate something is going on

also been getting a small judder effect just as the tuning box takes over around 1700/1800 rpm, really notice it when iam accelerating in a higher gear, you have to let off and redeploy the throttle to get past it, which indicates some confusion between the 2 systems

dave

Andrew@DTUK

Forum Sponsor
iam not so sure about this, I had a diagnostic machine plugged in a few weeks ago, to change to long life service internals etc, and noticed a whole bunch of fault codes relating too maf/map/boost pressure sensor codes etc etc, i know it doesn't say ive used this tuning box, but does indicate something is going on

also been getting a small judder effect just as the tuning box takes over around 1700/1800 rpm, really notice it when iam accelerating in a higher gear, you have to let off and redeploy the throttle to get past it, which indicates some confusion between the 2 systems

dave

If you've been running the box on a high setting it may well leave a soft code behind Dave, again a judder has been mentioned before when the box has been set too high

TobyAnscombe

Nov 29, 2014
@ToledoChris - Might be interested but DTUK are doing what I think is a Trevor for £329 at the moment. Don't have enough credit to post onto the thread but can you confirm what exactly it is..

Sorry, being a newb and all that ;-)

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013

dave
Having just removed my box as the car is going in for warranty work, I noticed that I had a couple of pressure fault codes also, I just used my VCDS to clear them and they never returned...
It does feel like I've removed two cylinders as well as the box... Amazing how quick you get used to the extra oommph!!

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
Just to Throw my 2cents in been running A Crd-t for the last 7000 miles on my 1.9 astra Cdti Running the highest tune possible through the box, Yes it has left soft codes and yes it's smokey but neither one of those is the boxes fault The Soft codes are there because the preconfigured parameters in the ECU have been exceeded may of been for 0.2 of a second for one instance in 6 months of driving but that soft code will remain.

There are issues with putting that amount of extra power through a stock car and stock drivetrain but it would be no different then a remap For the money these are great and i could not be happier, better still when it comes time to sell the car you'll get about 50% of what you spent back on Ebay or better still you can get some new software and put it in your new car :)

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
Just to Throw my 2cents in been running A Crd-t for the last 7000 miles on my 1.9 astra Cdti Running the highest tune possible through the box, Yes it has left soft codes and yes it's smokey but neither one of those is the boxes fault The Soft codes are there because the preconfigured parameters in the ECU have been exceeded may of been for 0.2 of a second for one instance in 6 months of driving but that soft code will remain.

There are issues with putting that amount of extra power through a stock car and stock drivetrain but it would be no different then a remap For the money these are great and i could not be happier, better still when it comes time to sell the car you'll get about 50% of what you spent back on Ebay or better still you can get some new software and put it in your new car :)

TobyAnscombe

Nov 29, 2014
@toledoChris - Sorry, I ended up having a chat to Andrew@DTUK on the phone today so ended up with a new one being shipped to me (Royal Mail permitting) tomorrow..

Danboy2711

Dec 29, 2014
Remap Tdi Chelmsford

I had a box fitted by TDI Chelmsford to my fr 184. Now have 239 bhp and loads of torque. Transforms the car.

Danboy2711

Dec 29, 2014
Total transformation. It's a lot quicker than my old focus st and the power and torque is instant.

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
Is the box for the 184hp diesel different from the 180hp box or are they both using the same HW?
I have the 180hp box from my old car but i have now purchased a 184hp diesel, thats why im wondering..

If it is completly different, does DTUK provide some kind of exchange program?

Last edited:

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
Is the box for the 184hp diesel different from the 180hp box or are they both using the same HW?
I have the 180hp box from my old car but i have now purchased a 184hp diesel, thats why im wondering..

If it is completly different, does DTUK provide some kind of exchange program?

Pushing this one up again.
Do we still have anyone from dtuk on the forum?

Skickat från min GT-I9506 via Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.