Dumping 5 Times?! not 1

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Hi Guy's,

Some advice and help please, oh and no negativity!

I recently purchased the Forge Splt R from a friend cheap, (my DV was not the 007p as first thought), and am using it in full recirc.

Since fitting it and at high revs, it seems to dump the excess air 3 times (heard through the filter). Now with the previous DV (some aftermarket valve) it only dumped the air once like you always here from turbo'd cars which is the norm but this is starting to bug me as I do not know if its meant to be like it.

The car is running absolutely fine so what can it be? D.K did say it could be an echoe but surely this would have been heard previous to me fitting the Split R?

Cheers ahead.

Last edited:

Deleted member 20376

mine sounded like this but i thought it sounded pretty cool. its a bit like a chatter but not if thats makes sense.
nothing flashed up and it ran fine.

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Just put vagcom on got this:

17608 Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249):
Mecahnical Malfunction
P1200-35-10 Intermittent

I have cleared this now but would this be the fault I am talking about?

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Could well be mate, the N249 allows the ecu to open the dump valve at its leisure.

Try the N249 bypass and see how it goes.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
the n249 is supposed to be a good little freebie mod anyway, I am yet to buy the hose to do it but its next thing on my list to do.

This is your excuse to get it done :p

In the mean time it is possible to do using your existing hoses :whistle:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I'v not noticed haw many times mine "dumps"
But as you have a K&N 57i it could be that which is makeing sound louder along with the TIP.
Get the Error code sorted then go form there mate, if it does'nt cause any more error's and it's not clicking then it should be Ok.

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
I'v not noticed haw many times mine "dumps"
But as you have a K&N 57i it could be that which is makeing sound louder along with the TIP.
Get the Error code sorted then go form there mate, if it does'nt cause any more error's and it's not clicking then it should be Ok.

I had the 57i and TIP with the other recirc valve and it 'dumped' as normal.

Ive cleared the code now so i'll do the bypass and see if that helps

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I'd wait and see what happens before doing the bypass, at least you will only have one thing to fault find

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
sounds to me mate that the split r is is either to tight or to loose,if i had to guess its to tight,i had a turbo smart that did this and threw up a fault code ,this was allso to tight and when my lcr dumped it sound like it did it 4 or 5 times,doing the n249 adaption might not work see if you can compare spring tension to the other dv you had by pushing the piston with your finger,to see if on feels tighter than the other..... cheers

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
sounds to me mate that the split r is is either to tight or to loose,if i had to guess its to tight,i had a turbo smart that did this and threw up a fault code ,this was allso to tight and when my lcr dumped it sound like it did it 4 or 5 times,doing the n249 adaption might not work see if you can compare spring tension to the other dv you had by pushing the piston with your finger,to see if on feels tighter than the other..... cheers

Cheers slim.

Ive put the other dv on now so when I am off to work i'll give it some beans and see if its made a difference. If its not its the n249 if it has then its the split r and if it is i'll do what you have said.

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Right put the other dv on yesterday and took it to work this morning. Everything is fine! the valve is dumping only once and no fault codes have come back.

I have spoken with forge and they have offered me a replacement but does the spit r need greasing at any time? I have taken it apart and noticed the piston chamber is very dry, should it be? If its too dry would this cause the piston to stick to the chamber and then slowly come back down causing the 5 'blow offs'? as I explained in my first post?

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Do you think this is what I have described?

Actual wastegate flutter occurs instead under partial boost conditions such as partial throttle near the boost threshold. It sounds like FftFftFft not ShuShuShu and is caused by the rapid opening and closing of the wastegate at boost levels near the spring pressure. It is commonly heard more clearly and may be more prominent on cars with modified intake silencers, up-pipes, and or downpipes, and is not harmful.

Its from wikipedia

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
possible mate..... forge do know there stuff, if the car is running fine i would put it down to the spilt r, and diffrence between d/v cant be sure unless i can here it!
but i wouldnt worry to much mate..

what boost you running?

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Your N75 is constantly opening and closing the wastegate, you can't hear it in the Leon. The Split-R is the worst product Forge have ever made in my opinion. I'd be sending it back and getting a good ole' 007 or similar.

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
possible mate..... forge do know there stuff, if the car is running fine i would put it down to the spilt r, and diffrence between d/v cant be sure unless i can here it!
but i wouldnt worry to much mate..

what boost you running?

I dunno what boost I am running, gauge is next on the list.

Its def the splt r, no matter how many clicks it still dumps 5 times! Gonna send it back