Dv008 a bargain?

Silentnight*

Mar 20, 2012
newcastle
Just popped down to revolution 24/7 in Gateshead for a 007p and when I was there the guy behind the counter reccomend the dv008. Now from what iv read on here alot of you fellow members swear by the 007p so I had every intention of buying one. I asked him what the price difference was between the two and he said he can do the 007p for £79.99 or the 008 for £89.99 and this comes with 3 spare shims, a blue and a yellow spring, Allen key and a 'Loverly key ring' :) Now correct me of I'm wrong but the 007 is RRP £111ish? And the 008 is RRP at £125ish? Also the 'tuning kit' is roughly £25? All in all I'm pretty chuffed with the buy, il be getting round to fitting it later after iv had my big mac :D

31d5174c.jpg

22d4742c.jpg

73bc2dfd.jpg

Hope they work...

Richy Cupra

Fully paid member
Jul 6, 2011
Essex
Whhhaaaatttt!!!! u lucky sod, i paid £125 for my 008p :( still worth it though

Last edited:

Silentnight*

Mar 20, 2012
newcastle
That's an awesome price, even for the 007p... Do they post items? :D

Erm I couldn't tell you to be honest seeing as its only a 15 minute drive from my house. I thought all there prices for forge products were low. Hoses and intercoolers seemed rather well priced also. Give them a call/e-mail they could well post items but like I say I'm not in a situation to need things delivered mate

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
008 is less prone to sticking. I found after about 8 months on the 007p that it needed stripped down and serviced because it kept sticking in the open position. I've had no similar problems on the 008 in the 18 or so months I've had it at all, although I did service it recently just to be on the safe side.

If the price difference is a tenner then it's a no-brainer IMO.

Silentnight*

Mar 20, 2012
newcastle
008 is less prone to sticking. I found after about 8 months on the 007p that it needed stripped down and serviced because it kept sticking in the open position. I've had no similar problems on the 008 in the 18 or so months I've had it at all, although I did service it recently just to be on the safe side.

If the price difference is a tenner then it's a no-brainer IMO.

That's the exact same comment the guy behind the counter said. I'm rather happy with my purchase :D

kosymodo

Jun 10, 2012
Warminster
Delivery is £10 on the website

Website actually says "FREE DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND ADDRESSES UNTIL OUR NEW SITE IS ON-LINE"

Their new site doesn't appear to be online, therefore presumably the free delivery offer still stands.

Worth a try? :thumbup:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.