Easter Eggs / Hidden Functions

Jaylyd

Oct 29, 2020
Anyone got any Easter Eggs (hidden or not commonly known functions) they’d recommend that I should be aware of on my FR 4Drive? Any special button presses or things like that. Not had a Seat for 5 years+, but remember there were a few little tricks ‘n’ stuff for my Leon FR. Tried a search on here but nothing came up.
Thanks.

Tell

Staff member
Face lift ?. If so too new. People are still learning and it was launched (Mib3) basically across the whole VAG brand at the same time except VW Passat where it was a year early. So no leakage of tricks from other brands like Skoda before it got to Seat.

If not a face lift you got the old mib2 favourites. Green menu, FeCs otherwise etc. If a standard mib2 the navigation workaround.

Other than that the Ateca shares mats with VW Tiguan range, sister Karoq parts... & don't forget the optional ice scraper that can be fitted under the fuel cap lid ;). Handy for getting stones out. More shaped for the wing mirror de-icing if not heated. Green in Skoda colour, red in Seat colour. Thats your kinderegg.

Reactions: Jaylyd

Jaylyd

Oct 29, 2020
It’s a 2018 plate, so not a facelift. Thanks. What do you mean by Green Menu and FeCs? Excuse my ignorance. Any details on hem and how to access? Thanks again.

Tell

Staff member
Green menu you can damage your unit with least in mib1, mib2 it doesn't save changes but don't take my word for it.

People are generally a bit preoccupied with it.

SWDL command is used for firmware updates (can be dangerous), thread on that. Where people find they have an old problematic firmware in their information unit which doesn't work too well with Android Auto etc. Thread on that.

SWDL command can also be used for map updates of the high unit in retrofits. These are backend menus.

FeCs are function enablement codes. Basically Mib2 units are sold with assorted licenses, I had thought these days everything was turned on... mostly it is in the Ateca, full link etc, there are some options apparently in some model still in the Seat range where they arent.

Navigation FeC is how Mapcare works.

Resource on navigation:

Reactions: Jaylyd

Tell

Staff member
If you got Lane Assist and a pre face lift model without traffic sign recognition (TSR) turned on you can turn it on with VCDS / OBDeleven. Other things I've put on the OBDeleven thread. Also there is a thread on TSR with VCDS.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.