eBay cable and software?

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Nice to see that people are being honest for a change and not playing the 'Buy genuine or your car will explode' card as normally seems to happen elsewhere on these boards.

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
Update on my ebay cable, seller was really good, tried lots of things, he got news from his supplier today that the cable isn't CAN Bus enabled, even though it is marked VAG12.12 and comes up as a USB+HEX+CAN lead in windows. The seller has given me a complete refund and has said I can keep the cable.
So back to square one :D Still kept me busy for a day trying to get it to work :cry: I only want it to do a few tweeks etc

shutcorea

Nov 22, 2011
Mexico
Cool, is it quite easy? Which link did you buy your cable/software from?

Yup, you just need to activate an adaptation module and that´s it! It does work.

I didn't buy muy cable from an online store, a friend of mine sold it to me but I think he got it from eBay (no idea wich seller) I live in Mexico, where I bought my cables before (10.6.4 and 11.11.3) is www.mercadolibre.com.mx (wich is kind of like the mexican eBay).

labmousee

Geek
Dec 22, 2013
Israel
$700 ???

Can someone post a link to a cable that was bought a successfully tested?
ebay.com/uk or aliepxress will be great.

Last edited:

labmousee

Geek
Dec 22, 2013
Israel
This is the one I ordered, they arrive in decent time considering. Mine was 12.12 and I used it yesterday to switch on alarm chirp, ability to turn off DRL's, activate chequered wallpaper in DIS etc etc.
The important thing is to use it on a computer without an internet connection.
My advice, use it in a virtual machine (like the free Virtual Box from Oracle) that way it's not installed on your host OS but a siloed one where you can disable internet connectivity. The reason for this is VCDS will call home and flash your cable rendering it unusable. I accidentally did this with my previous cable, but at £12 bought a new one upon changing to the Mk3.

Merry Christmas!

Thank you. I have just ordered from he same place. Looking to recalibrate my trip consumption and mute the sound actuator in sport mode.

Do you know if this cable will work with windows 8.1?

Dean, you still didn't explain why you don't like the sound actuator so much? :blink:

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
It just sounds stupid on a diesel in my opinion. Eveyone who has been in it likes it but I'm not a fan. It's ok at higher revs but say accelaerating from 50 in 6th it just drones.

Leonmb

Dec 29, 2013
Yup, you just need to activate an adaptation module and that´s it! It does work.

I didn't buy muy cable from an online store, a friend of mine sold it to me but I think he got it from eBay (no idea wich seller) I live in Mexico, where I bought my cables before (10.6.4 and 11.11.3) (wich is kind of like the mexican eBay).

Thanks! Is yours a genuine cable? I saw the one from the US posted on here earlier, has anyone got it and it actually worked yet? I was just wondering is it easy to mess up your car when tweeking it?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.